Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards
Suffern, NY (PRWEB) October 13, 2010
General Patent Corporation (GPC), a leading patent licensing and enforcement firm, announced today on behalf of its subsidiary, Leighton Technologies LLC, that it settled a lawsuit regarding Leighton's six "Contactless Cards" patents. AllSafe Technologies, Inc. of Amherst, N.Y., agreed to settle its lawsuit with Leighton Technologies and take a license for the Leighton patents.
The license with Allsafe Technologies came as the result of the settlement of a declaratory judgment lawsuit, Allsafe Technologies, Inc. v. Leighton Technologies LLC, U.S.D.C., Western District of NY (Buffalo), 1:10-cv-00077.
"We are pleased that the lawsuit filed by AllSafe was amicably settled and that AllSafe agreed to license the Leighton patents," said Paul J. Lerner, General Patent's Sr. Vice President and General Counsel.
HID Global Corporation of Irvine, Cal., and Oberthur Technologies Group of Levallois-Perret, France, had previously signed non-exclusive licenses for the Leighton patents.
About General Patent Corporation
General Patent Corporation, headquartered in Suffern, N.Y., is a leading intellectual property boutique focusing on patent licensing and enforcement. GPC assists patent owners in patent infringement litigation on a contingency basis. General Patent also provides IP advisory and brokerage services. GPC is the oldest patent enforcement firm in the U.S. For more information, visit http://www.generalpatent.com. General Patent is the managing member of Leighton Technologies LLC.
About Leighton Technologies LLC
Leighton Technologies LLC is the owner of six "Contactless Cards" U.S. Patents:
1. 5,817,207: "Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards"
2. 6,036,099: "Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card and product resulting therefrom"
3. 6,214,155: "Radio frequency identification card and hot lamination process for the manufacture of radio frequency identification cards"
4. 6,441,736: "Ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices and hot or cold lamination process for the manufacture of ultra-thin flexible durable radio frequency identification devices"
5. 6,557,766: "Hot lamination method for a hybrid radio frequency optical memory card converting sheets into a web process"
6. 6,514,367: "Hot lamination process for the manufacture of a combination contact/contactless smart card"
Leighton Technologies is a portfolio company of IP Holdings LLC, and is managed by General Patent Corporation. A non-exclusive license under these patents is available on reasonable terms. For licensing terms, please contact Kathlene Ingham at (845) 368-4000 x107. For more information, please visit http://www.leighton-tech.com.
About IP Holdings LLC
IP Holdings LLC, a member of the GPC Group of Companies, is an IP-centric merchant banking organization. IP Holdings provides IP-related advisory, financial and IP brokerage services, and operates an idea incubator. IP Holdings is a member of Leighton Technologies. For more information, visit http://www.ip-holdings.com.