Capacity Management has become a more mainstream requirement as organizations have scaled their initial virtual machine deployments beyond simple file and print services.
Copenhagen, Denmark (PRWEB) October 12, 2010
VKernel, the number one provider of capacity management products for virtualized data centers, announced today at VMworld Europe 2010 record results for the third quarter of 2010. Growing demand for capacity management solutions and focused execution by VKernel resulted in 3x customer bookings growth over the same period in 2009.
As the number of virtual machines deployed in the data center has increased, so too has the demand for scalable capacity management solutions. VKernel’s focus on sophisticated capacity analytics fulfills this growing market demand.
In addition to record revenue growth, other highlights of the quarter included:
- New Product – VKernel Capacity Management Suite is the first integrated group of products for capacity management designed for the scale requirements of larger enterprises.
- Awards – Capacity Management Suite won the Best of VMworld 2010 Gold Award in the Virtualization Management category over more than 35 other companies. VKernel’s selection for this award highlights both the capabilities of Capacity Management Suite and the growing importance of capacity management in today’s virtual data centers.
- Record End User Growth - End users of VKernel products surpassed 35,000 and customer count passed 500.
- Expanded Microsoft Support –VKernel Chargeback 2.0 now supports Microsoft Hyper-V environments.
• New Enterprise Customers – Multiple wins of over 1,000 sockets reinforced both VKernel’s scalability and the growing needs of larger organizations for capacity management.
“Our momentum in the third quarter of 2010 hit new highs as revenue continued to accelerate“ said Doug McNary, CEO of VKernel. “Capacity Management has become a more mainstream requirement as organizations have scaled their initial virtual machine deployments beyond simple file and print services. We are now engaging with a growing number of global 2000 organizations with virtual machine deployments from several hundred to several thousand units. Our singular focus uniquely positions us to solve the challenges these organizations face with this complex problem.”
VKernel is the number one provider of virtualization capacity management solutions for VMware and Microsoft virtualized infrastructures. Our powerful, easy to use and affordable products simplify the complex and critical tasks of planning, monitoring and predicting capacity utilization and bottlenecks. Used by over 35,000 system administrators, the products have proven their ability to maximize capacity utilization, reduce virtualization costs and improve application performance.