"The spa industry takes the stress out of focusing on wellness by offering treatments, products and experiences that educate on how to be the ‘best you’ long after you leave the spa,” said Mindy Terry.
Atlanta (PRWEB) October 18, 2010
In need of a little “me time,” though think a spa visit is out of reach? Wise up and Get Spa Smart with time-tested tips on finding the best deals around. Spa & wellness expert Mindy Terry pulls from her 18 years of creating award-winning spas to offer fresh ideas that will keep you from stressing over finding stress relief.
“With just a little homework, it’s simple and cost-effective to pay attention to your personal wellness,” said Terry. “The spa industry takes the stress out of focusing on wellness by offering treatments, products and experiences that educate on how to be the ‘best you’ after you leave the spa.”
As the President of Creative Spa Concepts, Terry has created treatments and programming for many of the world’s leading spas. She has done the research and invites you to Get Spa Smart by tapping into the Seven Get Spa Smart Secrets:
- Hometown Advantage – Score a discount at your favorite spa just by living in the same area code! Ask for local’s discounts at day spas, hotels and resorts in your town and make a day out of your experience by taking advantage of all the amenities. Keep in mind the deal may be limited to slower days of the week, typically Monday-Thursday
- Buy in Bulk – Buy several services up front and receive a price break. For example, Red Door Spas offer 10 percent savings when six services are purchased or free services when a certain number of treatments are bought. Get Spa Smart by scheduling all your treatments in advance to keep your wellness routine on track
- Be True to Your Spa – The next time you make an appointment, ask about loyalty rewards programs. You can benefit from special discounts developed for the very best guests. Just like a rewards program at a restaurant or retail store, you earn points with each visit or product purchase
- Chain Gang – With locations throughout the United States, businesses such as Facelogic and Massage Envy offer membership programs where you receive a service every month, build them up or even transfer them. No frills here, but if you are worried about your wallet, it’s a great way to spa on a budget
- Super-deep Discounts – For those super-savvy spenders, visit your local massage or aesthetic schools. You won’t get the plush robe, soothing tea or tranquil environment, but you will get one-hour massages and facials for as low as $25. At the time of booking, simply request students who have the “greatest number of hours” in order to work with therapists with the most experience
- Be a Spa Detective – Pick the spas you’ve been dreaming about visiting and follow their public relations team on Twitter. Not sure how to find them? Do some detective work by visiting the spa’s web site and looking in their press room. To uncover more deals, search for the hash tags #giveaway or #contest on Twitter
- Web Sites for Spa Lovers – Add spa web sites to your daily reading to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, treatments and products. We love http://www.Spa-Addicts.com, http://www.SpaFinder.com , http://www.SpaWeek.com and http://www.Wahanda.com. Be sure to also sign up for e-mail alerts and follow these sites on Facebook and Twitter to score the best offers.
About Mindy Terry
Based in Atlanta, Mindy Terry is the President and Founder of Creative Spa Concepts. Pulling from her 18 years of experience in the spa and wellness industries, Terry is a respected presenter and educator for her diverse expertise in the spa industry. In addition to leading Creative Spa Concepts, Terry is also a licensed cosmetologist, aesthetician, yoga instructor and certified infant massage instructor. You are invited to read more on http://www.creativespaconcepts.com.