Through Project 52, we’re seeing Dave Dorman capturing pivotal moments in our American history on canvas. These paintings will hang in the Smithsonian one day, and the crowd funding fans are the elites making this happen, five dollars at a time.
Radcliff, KY (Vocus) October 15, 2010
USA Cares is pleased to announce a partnership with #1 Star Wars artist and Eisner Award-winning illustrator Dave Dorman on Project 52, which is raising money for financially challenged post-9/11 military and their families.
Dorman, the son of USAF Lieutenant Colonel Jack Dorman, first announced his intention on his blog October 1, 2010, his 52nd birthday, to paint 52 paintings to “give back” to USA Cares’ military families. “I know firsthand what it means to live the life of a family whose parent is an active duty military member. I want to ease the financial burden of those families who today are going through what I did,” Dorman said. Said Dorman’s Director of Social Media Jacob K. Young, “Through Project 52, we’re seeing Dave Dorman capturing pivotal moments in our American history on canvas. These paintings will hang in the Smithsonian one day, and the crowd funding fans are the elites making this happen, five dollars at a time.”
Dorman is “crowd funding” this passion project through http://www.indiegogo.com/Project-52. Donors are being asked to give the following:
- Project 52 Supporter: $5 – Donor or the person of their choice will be listed in the Project 52 fine art book.
- Dedicated Supporter: $25 – Donor may honor the special person or soldier in their life with a two-line dedication in the Project 52 fine art book.
- Bronze Level Donor: $50 - Donor will receive a signed copy of the Project 52 regular retail edition fine art book.
- Silver Level Donor: $100 – Donor will receive a signed, dedicated copy of the Project 52 Limited Edition version of the fine art book.
- Gold Level Donor: $250 - Donor will receive a signed, numbered copy of the Project 52 Limited Edition Lithograph on acid-free, archival paper. This can be personalized if they choose, as well as a signed copy of the Limited Edition fine art book.
- Platinum Level Donor: $1000 - The first 52 donors who give at the Platinum Level will receive one of the actual Project 52 Paintings plus the fine art limited edition lithograph, autographed, as well as a signed, Limited Edition fine art hardcover book.
Dorman’s goal is to raise $52,000, to enable him to complete the paintings, as well as cover production costs for printing the books and lithographs. Dorman is donating 50% of all book and lithograph sales to USA Cares. Dorman has already designated 20% of his new career retrospective art book, ROLLING THUNDER: THE ART OF DAVE DORMAN.
About USA Cares
USA Cares is a nonprofit 501(c)3 organization that helps post-9/11 military and their families with basic needs, assists veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and traumatic brain injury (TBI) and their families and works to prevent private military home foreclosures and evictions. In seven years, USA Cares has received over 24,000 requests and responded with more than $7 million in grants. Military families anywhere in America can apply for assistance through the USA Cares web site, http://www.usacares.org/ or by calling 1-800-773-0387.
About Dave Dorman
Dave Dorman is an Eisner award-winning illustrator who has been working as a professional artist since 1979. He is best known for his photo-realistic renderings of action and fantasy subjects. For more information on Project 52 visit http://www.indiegogo.com/Project-52 or contact Dorman’s publicist: denise(at)writebrainmedia(dot)com or call USA Cares at 1.800.773.0387. For more information on Dave Dorman visit http://www.davedorman.com/.