Response to Intervention: Meeting the Personalized Learning Needs of All Students
New York, NY (PRWEB) October 14, 2010
The education services and technology company Pearson today released its video resource guide "Response to Intervention: Meeting the Personalized Learning Needs of All Students," a tour of Response to Intervention (RTI) and its three major components: assessment, instruction, and professional development. The video is available at http://www.pearsonschool.com/rtisolutions or at http://www.youtube.com/PearsonEducation.
With unprecedented federal funding available for proven programs that will set children on a path to academic success, more and more of the nation's schools are turning to the educational framework of Response to Intervention (RTI) to improve individual student outcomes. Response to Intervention refers to a three-tiered academic intervention system designed to help all children learn by identifying problems earlier, monitoring student progress through data, and applying appropriate learning strategies to keep all students - no matter their learning needs - on track.
According to the National Center on Response to Intervention, educators, policymakers, and researchers see RTI as an essential component for integrating instructional and assessment components into an effective prevention system.
"We know that despite huge budget cutbacks school districts are facing increased demands to develop an RTI framework that raises test scores, addresses the needs of English language learners, and provides support for every teacher - yet each district, each school, each classroom is different. That's why we want to partner with educators to understand their needs and customize an RTI model that will provide the right solution at the right time for every student," said Pearson CEO of School Curriculum Peter Cohen.
Pearson's RTI solutions for math, literacy, assessment, and professional development include:
- Assessment: ACES, AIMS, AIMSweb, Developmental Reading Assessment 2 (DRA2), KeyMath3 and MathXL® for School
- Elementary Literacy: Good Habits, Great Readers; OnTarget!, My Sidewalks, QuickReads, Reading Street, Words Their Way, Waterford Early Reading, and SuccessMaker
- Elementary Math: enVisionMATH, Focus Math, Investigations, Waterford Early Math, and SuccessMaker
- Secondary Literacy: AMP Reading System, Prentice Hall Literature, QReads, The Reader's Journey, SuccessMaker and NovaNET
- Secondary Math: AMP Math System, Connected Math, NovaNET, MyMathLab, MathXL® for School and Prentice Hall Algebra I, Geometry and Algebra 2(on-level and Foundations Series)
- Professional Development: Pearson's full suite of professional development offerings enable educators to implement RTI with the best tools and resources - both online and in person - developed by the leading education experts. Examples include: Response to Intervention in Literacy, Literacy Leadership Team and Response to Intervention, Mathematics Intervention (Grades K-8)
For additional information on RTI and best practices for putting RTI strategies into action, visit http://www.pearsonschool.com/rtisolutions.
Pearson (NYSE:PSO), the global leader in education, teacher training, education technology and school solutions, provides innovative print and digital education materials for preK through college, student information systems and learning management systems, teacher professional development, career certification programs, and testing and assessment products that set the standard for the industry. http://www.pearsonschool.com.
kate.miller(at)pearson(dot)com - 1.800.745.8489