(PRWEB) October 18, 2010
Dapfor proudly introduces a new version of .Net Grid with a great number of improvements that will please any developer. Here is just a brief list of new features:
- Grouping of rows in the grid.
- Real-time regrouping
- Grouping with data source binding.
- Binary and XML serialization
- Column filters based on UITypeEditor
- Support of non-event data model
- Significant improvement of grid performance
.Net Grid performance has been measured using various benchmarks and all of them yielded excellent results. Here are some of them:
- High insertion rate: > 100 000 rows/second.
- High removal rate: > 600 000 rows/second.
- High grouping rate: > 60 000 rows/second.
- High real-time regrouping rate: > 10 000 rows in a grid of 5 000 rows per second.
- High real-time filtering rate: > 7 000 rows in a grid of 5 000 rows per second.
- Productive sort algorithms: > 5 000 sorts in a grid of 5 000 rows per second.
- High updating speed with highlighting > 50 000 cells/second in a grid of 5 000 rows.
- Low memory consumption: The grid of 100 000 rows will consume 16 MB.
Full details of grid performance in various modes with various data volumes are provided on Dapfor’s website (http://www.dapfor.com/Feature.aspx?id=performance). Users can also download a benchmark application to measure grid performance on their computers, as well as source codes of the benchmarking application.
Dapfor always runs quality tests when releasing a new software version. In addition to continuous testing of usability of .Net Grid components from end-user and programmer point of view, Dapfor uses an additional code testing system based on NUnit. It contains over 300 tests that automatically verify code of .Net Grid components. These tests comprise more than 30% of the software code. The most important grid functionality is covered with tests by 60-80%. Therefore, Dapfor’s developers don’t get unpleasant surprises when modifying existing code and adding new features.
Let's create the best applications together.