Tempe, AZ (PRWEB) October 18, 2010
The Cloud Services Round Table today announced the development of their mission to become more than a simple care and share group. The organization met at the Channel Partners Expo in Washington, D.C on September 20, 2010.. The CSRT meets online monthly and in person at every Channel Partners Expo (CPE).
At the meeting, the Cloud Services Round Table members defined five specific objectives, as follows:
1. Provide a care and share group for master agents focused on cloud products and services which include:
a. Education of members’ sales teams and agents
b. Tools and information for agents and sales teams
2. Increase the number of cloud-focused sub-agents for each of the participating master agencies by offering education programs, participation in industry events, support structures for collaborative sales and agent recruitment activities.
3. Announce and create social media activities regarding cloud services
4. High commissions pass-through of each other’s provider portfolios to give access to a broad spectrum of cloud-based providers
5. Hold joint prospective and existing provider meetings
6. Evaluate joint provider contract possibilities.
“When we announced the CSRT as part of a care and share initiative, we were not sure what we would expect with regard to membership requests,” said Clark Atwood, Chairman of CSRT. “We received a stack of applications and inquiries from individual agents, traditional master agents, legal practices and many others. After meeting for the past several months online and in person at CPE, we have defined who we are, what framework we will build and where we are going.”
“As the industry continues to settle into the cloud space, we are positioning this group to take advantage of a changing market place while protecting our interests as master agents,” remarked Andrew Pryfogle, Vice Chairman. “There is safety in numbers. This is a win for the providers as well because they get the attention of the combined group rather than a single boutique master agency.”
“Moving to a focus on cloud services can be a daunting task for a master agency,” commented Todd Larsen, Founding Member. “With the pooled resources and attention of this group, we know our agency and our sub agents will have the benefits and strengths needed to stay focused through the changes and consolidation that are sure to come. The collaboration and education are keys to our success as the world changes around us.”
Master agents wanting to request membership in this group or sub-agents wanting access to cloud service providers should contact the group via the Web at http://www.cloudroundtable.com/contactus.html.
# # #