…design is real well done
Vienna, VA (PRWEB) October 19, 2010
Media aggregator Moreover Technologies announces the release of its all-new Newsdesk 4 real-time news and social media discovery, refinement and sharing service. Newsdesk 4 gives users unified portal access to millions of daily news articles and social media posts, and ability to refine results immediately using comprehensive cutting-edge faceted search and filtering tools.
"Users can capture combined news and social media coverage all in one place, then rapidly slice and dice searches in ways that will pinpoint only what they need, and discard the rest," emphasizes Paul J. Farrell, Moreover Technologies President.
Product Manager Brian Mackie adds, "We've focused on the top concerns voiced by clients--ability to easily and rapidly find, process and share information. This SaaS application enables users to drill down fast to the best and most relevant search results, decide if or how to modify them, then share them easily while they're still fresh and focused on the burning issues of the day."
Newsdesk 4 previewers have cited ease of use of the Newsdesk 4 dashboard tools, intuitive search capabilities, and fast finding of needed content. Among discussion forum comments are: "…design is real well done," "…very elegant application," "…from what I'm seeing, plug and play for us," and "…you guys are going to do great with this product…It's a home run."
Newsdesk 4 meets five major media aggregation aims:
- Provides multiple ways to find relevant content--including faceted search; category filters; source filters; relevance and rank filters, on the fly (e.g., mentions of companies, people, products, events and stock ticker), and pre-canned searches with cross-referencing to enable targeting relevant information without frustrating trial-and-error;
- Unifies the search for both real-time news and social media through a single conduit;
- Captures the depth and breadth of the best read, most highly regarded coverage demanded by the world's largest companies (2.5 million results daily from more than 1.7 million-plus sources spanning 800 searchable industry categories, 100-plus countries and 50-plus languages);
- Returns clean, spam-free results that have been editorially vetted;
- Offers easy-to-use sharing tools that empower rapid and reliable distribution, including automated newsletters, email alerts and ability to maintain editorial control of feeds shared.
Mackie elaborates, "Search options abound. You can look for headlines, languages, locations, individual sources, and result digests summarized by various criteria which can be further refined. You can conduct very user-friendly Boolean searches. While sophisticated and intuitive, Newsdesk 4 also is simple and straightforward, appropriate for everyone from power users to novices."
Newsdesk 4's intelligence-gathering capabilities enhance strategic, tactical and operational decision-making that scales for small and enterprise businesses alike, according to Rossen Roussev, Moreover Technologies' Vice President, Enterprise Strategy and Business Solutions.
Roussev, former External Intelligence Chief at Royal Dutch Shell, attests that Newsdesk saved his company $5 million in one year, due substantially to consolidating a variety of media monitoring vendor contracts under Moreover Technologies.
He identifies a variety of intelligence-related uses, including ability to: create an early-warning system for threats, identify emerging opportunities, compare performance and sentiments across regions, countries and competitors, refine messaging to help achieve business and communications objectives, and share all pertinent information with the right people through user-friendly distribution channels.
"Newsdesk 4 gives you myriad ways to find information you weren't even looking for--such as negative information that can damage reputation, but has remained off the radar," Mackie points out.
For more information, contact Brian Mackie, bmackie(at)moreover(dot)com.
Since 1998, Moreover Technologies has been a trusted aggregator of global news and social media. Clients include Shell Oil, Sony, Saatchi & Saatchi, Adobe, European Space Agency, Citigroup, UK Cabinet Office, Hill & Knowlton, Durrants, BBC, and Kingfisher. Through US and UK offices, the firm offers corporate customers worldwide direct access to comprehensive, yet targeted, real-time business and consumer information from the Web’s most read and respected sources. Daily, Moreover Technologies offers unified portal access to 2.5 million news articles and social media posts from 1.7 million editorially vetted sources across 100+ countries, 50+ languages and 800+ searchable industry categories (statistics as of October 2010).