Elmsford, NY (PRWEB) October 19, 2010
Turtle Beach, a leader in premium gaming headsets and audio entertainment accessories, announces the debut of its Ear Force DPX21 Universal Gaming Headset Bundle designed for the PS3™. Featuring high-fidelity Dolby 5.1/7.1 digital surround sound for a thrilling 3D audio experience, the DPX21 Headset Bundle starts with Turtle Beach’s popular Ear Force PX21 universal gaming headset and adds the acclaimed Ear Force DSS processor to deliver the sound of 7.1 channel speakers, giving users the ability to hear the position of every sound in the game.
“The Turtle Beach DPX21 allows users to immerse themselves in their gaming experience like never before,” says Michael Arzt, Vice President, Marketing and Business Development at Turtle Beach. “The exceptional audio quality, convenient online communication and comfortable ergonomic design of the headset enhance the overall gaming experience, makes games more fun and can even give gamers a competitive advantage. Plus, streaming video applications offering 5.1 audio such as Netflix® on PS3 will sound truly amazing!”
As with other popular Turtle Beach headsets, the DPX21 gives video game and movie fans the opportunity to hear distinct audio events happening all around them. DPX21 users playing games on their consoles will actually hear the 7.1 surround sound from certain 5.1 channel audio tracks via additional “hidden” channels called Dolby EX.
Designed for PS3, the DPX21 headset also works with the XBOX 360®, PC/Mac®, video players, home theater systems and other devices that have digital optical outputs. For added comfort, the light-weight DPX21 features a unique twist-cup design, which allows the headset to rest on the shoulders. For even more comfort, the ear cups have been made larger with deep fabric-mesh cushions that sit comfortably around the ears, allowing for enhanced, longer game sessions.
Other key features and user benefits of the Turtle Beach Ear Force DPX21 include:
- Integrated amplifier with adjustable bass boost to enhance the sound of explosions, gunshots and additional deep bass effects - increasing the realism of games and movies, while giving the user added control over game and chat volume
- Advanced Chat Boost technology that raises and lowers online chat automatically with the game sound, so you always hear your teammates
- Large, acoustically-tuned ear cups with high precision drivers produce superior audio with deep bass for all types of games, digital music, and entertainment
- S/PDIF-to-analog converter that can down-mix multi-channel audio from digital devices to 2-channel analog headphone output - enabling digital sources to be connected to devices such as home theater receivers via standard stereo analog audio connections
- Front panel USB pass-thru that allows other USB devices to be connected for power or data, eliminating the need for a power adapter and reducing the number of USB ports needed in a gaming or entertainment setups.
The Ear Force DPX21 is available nationwide at leading video game and accessory retailers including Best Buy, Amazon.com, Hastings and other fine stores, or at TurtleBeach.com.
Turtle Beach (http://www.turtlebeach.com) designs and markets premium audio peripherals for personal computer and video game platforms, including its acclaimed line of Ear Force gaming headphones and headsets crafted for XBOX360® and PS3™ game consoles and PC games. Turtle Beach’s Ear Force X41 wireless headset is Official XBOX Magazine’s "2009 Peripheral of the Year.” Turtle Beach, headquartered in Elmsford, New York, is a brand of Voyetra Turtle Beach, Inc., which has been at the forefront of music and audio technology for more than three decades and is recognized as a pioneer of today’s PC audio industry.
Turtle Beach and Ear Force are registered trademarks of Voyetra Turtle Beach, Inc. XBOX 360 is a registered trademarks of Microsoft, Corp. PlayStation is a registered trademark and PS3 is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment, Inc. Mac is a registered trademark of Apple, Inc. Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories. Netflix is a registered trademark of Netflix, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective holders and are hereby acknowledged.
Editor Note: Artwork is available at http://www.turtlebeach.com/company/media-gallery.aspx