Finding vendors willing to work with you and even share some of the burden of cost-managing your PPM implementation and future extension and adoption breeds a higher level of trust between you, the customer and the PPM provider.
Santa Clara, CA (PRWEB) October 19, 2010
Santa Clara, CA—Instantis, the leading on-demand provider of Enterprise Project Portfolio Management (EPPM) software used by business process and IT leaders to improve strategy execution and financial performance, outlined today the elements of a new standard services package (FlexSaaS™ Services Pack) to support the initial deployment and on-going success of EnterpriseTrack project portfolio management system implementations.
The package addresses the many pain points associated with deploying and supporting traditional professional services-intensive applications. It also goes beyond the typical SaaS benefits associated with deploying and supporting competitive on-demand solutions. The elements of the services pack are all provided as standard deployment and support features.
Key elements of the service package include:
- Rapid/fixed-cost deployment option. The EnterpriseTrack rapid customer deployment competitive advantage is enabled by an industry-unique Excel® -to-URL configuration tool and build process. This provides the ability to extensively configure the solution to meet an organization’s unique needs. Typical costs for out-of-box deployments are 15 off-site billable-days per initiative, plus 2-4 on-site days for kick-off and training. A fixed-cost option ensures that any concerns about out-of-box configuration cost overruns are eliminated and any deployment-related financial risks are shared fairly between Instantis and customers.
- Engagement manager continuity. The initial deployment engagement manager continues in the role of primary engagement manager and point-of-contact over the life of the deployment. This benefit addresses a common complaint of relationship disruptions and lack of deployment familiarity when working with traditional installed software vendors as a result of multiple primary point-of-contact hand-offs.
- Free Voice-of-the-Customer (VoC) and Best Practices Consulting Day. At the customer’s request, Instantis provides free of charge a scheduled off-site consulting day six months after initial go-live, and every 12 months thereafter, to assess the deployment and recommend any course adjustments needed to ensure that business results and value are delivered as planned. These days take the form of customer-organized “day in the life” sessions where typical system usage scenarios and issues are presented to Instantis product management and the engagement manager. Instantis then makes best-practice recommendations such as optimal configuration settings and additional user training needs, as well as gathers input for product enhancements which are critical for maintaining customer satisfaction beyond the initial deployment.
- Pre-paid service plans. Customers can buy blocks of remote service hours up front to be consumed at their discretion. This eliminates the risk that budget will not be available when needed (e.g., the next fiscal year) to cover planned or unforeseen expenses. These may include, for example, expanding the use of the system, addressing unique functional requirements, or training additional users.
- Do-it-yourself configuration management. EnterpriseTrack provides a powerful and easy-to-use administration interface that allows administrators to make extensive modifications to a live system to change existing configuration settings as business needs evolve and personalize the end-user experience. This approach stands in contrast to the "nickel and diming" that often occurs with traditional PPM solution vendors that count on a stream of subsequent expensive on-site “mini-engagements” to help customers expand the usage of their system.
- Automatic and turnkey upgrades. For customers that choose the on-demand (hosted solution) option, all application platform level enhancements will continue to be delivered automatically. This includes all platform application-level performance, reliability and security enhancements. FlexSaaS provides organizations with the flexibility to choose when to upgrade their functionality to the current release. At this chosen time, Instantis provides turnkey upgrades including training, configuration consulting, automated data migration, re-implementation of any desired customizations, QA testing and roll-out.
According to Gartner Research Note: “Repeat After Us: ‘You’re Not Going to Pay a Lot for That PPM Consulting” (29 July 2010; Daniel B. Stang), “Finding vendors willing to work with you and even share some of the burden of cost-managing your PPM implementation and future extension and adoption breeds a higher level of trust between you, the customer and the PPM provider.” The FlexSaaS Services Package is designed around a partnership model between Instantis and its customers and is modeled in part after Gartner research recommendations.
The Instantis FlexSaaS Services Pack compliments the FlexSaaS multi-tenant PPM software platform and delivery model. FlexSaaS is a unique flavor of SaaS which delivers advantages beyond those provided by traditional SaaS vendors including the flexibility to choose your own financing model and upgrade timing.
Instantis is a leading provider of project portfolio management software used by business process and IT leaders to improve strategy execution and financial performance. Leading global corporations like Abbott, Credit Suisse, DuPont, France Telecom, Lilly, McKesson, RIM and Xerox rely on a single system called EnterpriseTrack to fulfill the distinctive requirements of their strategic project portfolios such as PMO, IT, Six Sigma, Lean and Sustainability.