“Large corporations are just beginning to start addressing the challenges of water conservation and utilities are finding that leveraging leading edge technology from source to spigot can have dramatic differences.”
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 19, 2010
Cleantech Group, the leading global research and advisory firm focused on cleantech innovation, announced the Cleantech Focus Los Angeles event to be held on November 3-4, 2010. Developed around Cleantech Group’s key water research themes, the event will feature leading global corporations, cutting edge start-ups, and active investors discussing the state of water innovation, corporate water policies, current best practices in water management, relevant policy and regulation, and the technology solutions available now and on the horizon. Cleantech Focus Los Angeles is the third Focus event this year, focusing on exploring the commercial opportunities in water.
“The pressures of global population rise and industrial development on water demand are obvious, water is an increasingly scarce resource” said Sheeraz Haji, president of the Cleantech Group, “but it’s also a massive clean technology opportunity yet to be fully tapped.” Sheeraz continues, “Large corporations are just beginning to start addressing the challenges of water conservation and utilities are finding that leveraging leading edge technology from source to spigot can have dramatic differences.”
To highlight these technologies and facilitate further clean technology innovations, Cleantech Focus Los Angeles will bring together hundreds of influential industry players, including corporate leaders, venture capitalists, economic development agencies, entrepreneurs and policy makers to Los Angeles, an area in the crosshairs of water resource management and ever-increasing demand.
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to connect with key industry influencers during various networking sessions, hear research and trends from Cleantech Group analysts and participate in interactive case studies covering how corporations addressed and successfully implemented water and energy efficiency policies and processes to satisfy investors and customers.
A highlight of featured speakers and keynotes for Cleantech Focus Los Angeles include:
- Jeff Fulgham, Chief Sustainability Officer and Ecomagination Leader, GE Power & Water covering innovative corporate water policy, current best practices in water management, relevant policy and regulation, or current & required technology solutions to both increase supply and water efficiency.
- Sally Gutierrez, Director of the National Risk Management Research Laboratory (NRMRL) for the US EPA, responsible for conducting engineering and environmental technology research on treatment and control of contaminants in drinking water, remediation of contaminated sites, environmental sustainability and environmental technology testing and development.
- Hank Habicht, Managing Partner, Sail Venture Partners, one of the leading venture investors focusing on water. Hank formerly had leadership positions at the U.S. Department of Justice as Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Environment and Natural Resources Division, and at the U.S. EPA as COO (Deputy Administrator).
- John Picard, one of the preeminent environmental consultants in North America, a founding member of the U.S. Green Building Council, preeminent environmental consultant and long-standing member of Interface’s Dream Team, and a number of corporations around the world.
- Michael Kavanaugh, Ph.D., VP and the National Science and Technology Leader for Malcolm Pirnie, Inc, a chemical and environmental engineer with over 35 years of consulting experience in groundwater remediation, risk and decision analysis, water treatment, water reuse, and industrial and municipal wastewater treatment.
- Mia Javier, Cleantech Group's Water Technologies Analyst who will highlight her recent research, revealing trends on the state of water innovation globally.
More than ever, multi-national corporations are facing up to water as a real business risk that requires effective management and policies. IT-based solutions that bring visibility to water distribution networks and industrial, commercial and residential water use are helping companies reduce water consumption or lost-water, reduce water pollution and meet regulatory compliance, and improve the energy efficiency of plant/systems operations and distribution.
Cleantech Focus events are part of an on-going series of one-day conferences organized by Cleantech Group held across various cities throughout the world. Cleantech Focus events take a deep dive into the hottest topics in clean technology alongside intimate networking opportunities.
For more information on Cleantech Focus Los Angeles, including agenda and registration, please visit: http://events.cleantech.com/losangeles
For information regarding upcoming Cleantech Forums or other Cleantech Focus events, please visit: http://events.cleantech.com/
About Cleantech Group, LLC
Cleantech Group, the leading global research and advisory firm focused on cleantech innovation, pioneered the clean technology category in 2002. Today, it helps its clients make critical business decisions by providing the latest market intelligence through subscription-based research, custom advisory services, and global networking events. The company’s growing international client base includes global corporations, investors, entrepreneurs, governments, and service providers. The company also produces the premier Cleantech Forum® and Focus™ events worldwide, including upcoming events in Paris, New York, Amsterdam, and Los Angeles. Details are available at http://www.cleantech.com.
Sterling Communications, Inc.
Tel: +1 (415) 992-3209