“The demo of the latest release of the Co-eXprise software continues to surprise me with the nuances and thought the team has put into it. The solution essentially competes in a market of one.” - Jason Busch, Spend Matters
Wexford, PA (PRWEB) October 21, 2010
Co-eXprise, Inc., the leading provider of collaboration and total cost management solutions, announced General Availability of Release 7.5 of the CX4 Collaborative Cost Management Platform. This latest release further enhances Co-eXprise’s leadership position in transforming sourcing processes for manufacturer’s seeking to achieve the lowest Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for complex Direct Material categories that constitute almost three-fourths of their total spend on purchased goods and services.
“Co-eXprise is breathing new life into the market by taking a direct-materials centric approach to delivering e-sourcing capabilities wrapped around a specific cockpit of tools designed for sourcing and managing suppliers effectively in a manufacturing environment,” commented Jason Busch, Principal Analyst and Editor, Spend Matters (http://www.spendmatters.com/) in a recent column. “The demo of the latest release of the Co-eXprise software continues to surprise me with the nuances and thought the team has put into it. The solution essentially competes in a market of one.”
Lisa Reisman, Managing Director of Spend Matters affiliate site MetalMiner (http://www.agmetalminer.com), which provides Sourcing and Trading intelligence on raw materials and semi-finished metals products to leading manufacturers, sees “real innovation in Co-eXprise’s integrated total cost modeling capability built specifically for an industrial environment. For a manufacturer’s more complex Direct Material spend categories, these types of advanced and flexible cost breakdown capabilities can serve as a more dynamic and collaborative replacement to Excel that enable a living model, creating a shared understanding of total cost.”
Release 7.5 of the CX4 Collaborative Cost Management Platform includes a host of new features that extend Total Cost Management functionality and enhance usability throughout the sourcing process:
- Spreadsheet Usability in On-Line Cost Models - the structured process uses on-line forms to enable familiar, spreadsheet-like functionality for uploading or downloading spreadsheet data and formulas, while eliminating spreadsheet inefficiencies and inaccuracies.
- Consistent Enterprise-Wide Cost Analysis - customer-defined, re-usable templates ensure that collaborators are always working on the current version, formulas are truly locked-down, and supplier responses are validated for completeness and accuracy (within established range tolerances), and normalized with automated currency conversion to enable buyers to analyze supplier bids on an “apples-to-apples” basis to determine the best cost alternatives. CX4 also provides the ability to leverage global cost tables (e.g. freight rates) to ensure consistency of specific cost elements across all templates.
- Multi-Level, Multi-Variable Cost Visibility – integrated, flexible models enable “drill-down” and “drill-up” views to analyze cost breakdowns at a summary level or to highlight variances on discrete cost elements (raw materials, labor, overhead, tooling, shipping) for specific parts
- Consideration for Non-Cost Factors – critical non-cost factors (e.g. lead times, manufacturing capacity) that are considered in award determinations are collected and compared across suppliers to enable better sourcing decisions
- Enhanced Buyer Efficiency and Control – procurement users realize greater productivity with automated template builder tools to re-use best practice, validated cost model formulas. Buyers exercise full control over the process, benefitting from the ability to quickly compare normalized supplier bids side-by-side, without having to reformat responses as with spreadsheet-based methods. Buyer-generated cost fields moreover enable transformation of supplier bids based on internal cost factors such as transition costs for non-incumbent suppliers
“Customer innovation continues to drive the evolution of our market-leading technology platform as the enabler for implementing a disciplined total cost management approach,” commented William Blair, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Co-eXprise. “Co-eXprise customers are realizing the benefits of true collaboration by deploying total cost teams of multi-disciplinary resources, including sourcing, engineering, sales, finance, quality, even import/export experts from their Third-party Logistics (3PL) providers – all collaborating though our CX4 platform to work with their global supply base to exploit cost-out opportunities for both trading partners, while delivering superior customer value.”
About Co-eXprise, Inc.
Co-eXprise, the market leader in enterprise-class collaboration and total cost management solutions, enables companies to effectively manage sourcing activities for direct material and complex indirect spend categories. Deploying Co-eXprise solutions has dramatically improved global sourcing performance at Fortune 1000 companies in manufacturing, aerospace and defense, medical equipment, and consumer products. Contact Co-eXprise at 724-933-1180 or http://www.co-exprise.com for more information.
© 2010 Co-eXprise, Inc. All rights reserved
# # #