North America Information Technology Asset Disposition 2010 Magic Quadrant
Peabody, MA (Vocus) October 20, 2010
Converge, a leading global supply chain services company, today announced it has been positioned by Gartner Inc. in the Challenger quadrant of the "North America Information Technology Asset Disposition 2010 Magic Quadrant."
According to the study, Challengers exhibit strong operational capabilities, have diverse service offerings and execute quite well overall. The Magic Quadrant assesses the capabilities of the leading North America-based IT asset disposition (ITAD) vendors, and represents Gartner's initial coverage of this expanding industry segment.
According to Gartner, "The ITAD sector continues to grow in size, services offered and importance, as ever-greater volumes of IT equipment enter their final life cycle stage. The growing emphasis on the two primary risks associated with ITAD — data security and the proper disposition of e-waste, combined with more strict and comprehensive legislative mandates and penalties for noncompliance — is forcing IT asset managers to more closely evaluate their ITAD processes and providers."
"Converge offers a global network of product life cycle services to enterprises and OEMs around the world, taking the complexity out of IT asset disposal and adding value to a company's bottom line," said Chris Adam, vice president of IT asset disposition services at Converge. "We believe Converge's placement in the Challenger quadrant is a testament to our ability to provide the customized solutions that enable our clients to align their end-of-life IT asset disposal strategies with their business goals."
The Converge ITAD service portfolio helps organizations to execute and manage secure, compliant end-of-life IT asset management and disposition services, including:
- Global reach: Seamless ITAD services in almost 100 countries
- Secure data erasure and destruction: Data security services focused on proper data erasure and destruction techniques, including data erasure, destruction and on-site destruction
- Compliant IT recycling: Comprehensive ITAD services that properly prepare assets for compliant disposal while meeting strict environmental concerns
- Logistics management: Customized logistics services that meet even the most demanding client's IT disposition needs, including on-site services, secure transportation and inventory management
- IT donations and redeployment: A range of services that support customers' donation and redeployment programs, offering a second life to IT equipment that may otherwise be discarded
- Remarketing of systems and components: A number of remarketing options, at both the system and component levels, that are designed to help clients gain the best financial return on remarketing used equipment
- Detailed asset reporting: Complete transparency into the ITAD process through Asset Manager, Converge's proprietary system.
Converge is a global supply chain partner for technology-driven companies. The organization's three business divisions are dedicated to just-in-time distribution of electronic components, comprehensive reverse supply chain solutions and secure IT asset disposition. Founded in 1980, Converge is headquartered in Peabody, Mass., and has offices in Columbus, Ohio; Irvine, Calif.; Singapore; and Amsterdam, along with support centers throughout Europe, Asia and the Americas.
About the Magic Quadrant
The Magic Quadrant is copyrighted 2010 by Gartner Inc. and is reused with permission. The Magic Quadrant is a graphical representation of a marketplace at and for a specific time period. It depicts Gartner's analysis of how certain vendors measure against criteria for that marketplace, as defined by Gartner. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in the Magic Quadrant, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors placed in the "Leaders" quadrant. The Magic Quadrant is intended solely as a research tool and is not meant to be a specific guide to action. Gartner disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Gartner Inc., "North America Information Technology Asset Disposition 2010 Magic Quadrant" by Rob Schafer, Sept. 30, 2010.
Mark B. Romanowski
978-499-9250, ext. 224