As the only mobile social network that aggregates all of the other major networks into one app, we anticipated attracting a large amount of users; however, we did not expect such enormous and rapid growth
Miami, FL (Vocus) October 21, 2010
Today, Zila Networks, a VC funded mobile application developer, announced that its first to market social media aggregator, FriendsAround, has achieved tremendous growth since its launch on April 14. In less than six months, FriendsAround has acquired 624,000 downloads and close to 300,000 users, a feat that took other popular mobile networks over a year to accomplish. Available free at the Apple App Store for iPhone and iPad, the location-based mobile community is projected to grow to over half a million users by the end of the year.
“As the only mobile social network that aggregates all of the other major networks into one app, we anticipated attracting a large amount of users; however, we did not expect such enormous and rapid growth,” says co-founder Egor Lavrov. “Beyond the convenience of using one aggregator app, the lure of FriendsAround is its ability to let users discover new friends in their geographic location, instead of reconnecting with people they already know.”
Through location based services technology, FriendsAround makes it easy to meet and interact with people within its global community. Users pull up a map showing all of the profiles of users around them, click on the profiles they want to connect with and initiate chats or send messages, regardless if they are already a current friend. Additional features allow users to:
- Sign in with and update their Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare status
- Track/See who visits their profile through the open network
- Chat with friends who have checked-in to locations or Group Chat to share something with all of their friends
- Locate your friends on a map or discover new people in their area through Location Based Service technology
- Upload pictures and rate pictures their friends have uploaded
- Check-in to locations and upload a photo; share check-ins with other social networks; check-out
- Accumulate points in order to earn FAMES, or virtual currency, so they can buy their friends virtual gifts
About Zila Networks
Zila Networks is a mobile application development company formed by a group of dynamic, talented, young people who are envisioning the future of social networking as a new way of moving users from virtual to real life experiences. Zila Networks is fully funded and based in Miami, Florida.