Chicago, IL (PRWEB) October 25, 2010
Frank Fontana--celebrity designer, HGTV host, regular Today Show design expert, and Home & Style contributor to Oprah.com, shares his secret techniques of decorating, room by room, project by project, in a witty and conversational tone in his new book, "Frank Fontana's Dirty Little Secrets of Design" currently available in bookstores Nationwide and on Amazon.com.
In his book, Fontana provides his essential dos and don'ts, dissects the individual design components of each room, and applies his "Look for Less" principle to gorgeous spaces to help readers build their own look on a budget. The book also includes do it yourself (DIY) projects that are accessible and doable for readers of different skill levels, as well as advice on how to be a savvy shopper when looking for home decor items or furniture.
The book includes:
- Over 40 DIY projects straight from Frank's personal sketchbook (such as a multi-purpose ottoman, custom display case, and unique artwork made from reclaimed items)
- A room-by-room rundown of the elements of great design
- Instructions for creating expensive-looking flourishes on the cheap with Look-for-Less principles
- An honest guide to what saves money (and what doesn't) in green home design
- Guides to practical decorating and fabricating techniques that will help novice designers become master decorators
- Stories from the Reality TV front--Frank dishes on lessons he has learned on the job
Frank Fontana is the host and lead designer for one of HGTV's longest-running, top-rated design shows, "Design on a Dime", and is a design expert regularly featured on NBC's "The Today Show." Fontana is a featured columnist for the Oprah.com Home & Style section. He is also a contribut¬ing expert to design-related publications and media outlets nationwide.
"Frank Fontana's Dirty Little Secrets of Design" is published by Stewart, Tabori & Chang and is available at all national book stores. For more information about Frank Fontana visit http://www.frankfontana.net.
# # #