Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town
Nashville, TN (Vocus) October 21, 2010
The holiday season is upon us. The temperature is going down and the calendar is filling up. Holiday events are scheduled throughout Music City to celebrate the season. Come see for yourself why it really is the most wonderful time of the year.
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center goes all out as it celebrates the holidays with A Country Christmas. After being closed for more than 5 months with renovations after the Nashville floods in May, Gaylord Opryland has come back stronger and more beautiful than ever. With nearly 2 million Christmas lights and so much going on in one place, there's something for every member of the family to enjoy. Don't miss these great holiday events including:
- The Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the world-famous Rockettes
- ICE! A colorful ice sculpture world featuring “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town”
- SNOW! A winter wonderland of snow with live reindeer, a snow maze and build-your-own-igloo station
- Louise Mandrell’s ‘The Gift’ Christmas Dinner & Show
- For a full list of events visit http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/acountrychristmas
Check out other holiday happenings taking place around Music City:
- “A Victorian Christmas with the Jackson Family” at Belle Meade Plantation
- Holiday Mansion Tours at the Hermitage, Home of President Andrew Jackson
- Tennessee Repertory Theatre presents A Country Christmas, Nov.18- Dec. 18
- Tennessee Performing Arts Center presents A Tuna Christmas, Nov. 30-Dec. 5
- The 58th Annual Christmas Parade through downtown Nashville, Dec. 3
- “Season of Celebration” at Cheekwood Botanical Garden & Museum of Art
- Christmas at the Belmont Mansion
- Nashville Ballet presents Nutcracker, Dec. 10-19
- Trans-Siberian Orchestra at Bridgestone Arena, Dec. 12
- Nashville Symphony presents Handel’s Messiah at the War Memorial Auditorium, Dec. 16-18
- The 12 Days of Christmas with Amy Grant and Vince Gill at the Ryman Auditorium, Dec. 21-22
- For a full list of events visit http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/holidayharmony
Save time when planning your Music City holiday getaway by booking a package at http://www.visitmusiccity.com. Choose from the following:
- Gaylord Opryland’s A Country Christmas Package: Includes two nights at Gaylord Opryland Resort, tickets to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular f/ the Rockettes, ICE!™ featuring “Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town”, Louise Mandrell's "The Gift" Christmas Dinner Show, General Jackson Breakfast/Luncheon Cruise, Hall of Trees, Treasures for the Holidays, and a Gaylord Opryland VIP Coupon Book valued at over $250.
- Home for the Holidays Package: Build your own package by choosing your hotel and activities including tours of Belle Meade Plantation, Belmont Mansion, the Hermitage, Home of President Andrew Jackson, Cheekwood Botanical Gardens & Museum of Art. This package also includes a Music City beanie hat and the Jaci Velasquez Open House- Christmas EP.
Another way to make your trip a little easier (and cheaper) is by purchasing a Music City Total Access Pass. The pass allows vacationers to choose four attractions to visit for only $45, offering a savings of up to 50 percent. The purchase of the pass also includes free admission to the Parthenon. http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/TotalAccess
The mission of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau is to maximize the economic contribution of the convention and tourism industry to the community by developing and marketing Nashville as a premier destination.