Boston, MA, USA (PRWEB) October 26, 2010
Ars Logica announced today the publication of the Compass Guide to Web Content Management™ (http://www.arslogica.com/compass_guide_reports/) on Vignette (Open Text), Jahia, and Bridgeline Digital. The Compass Guide to WCM™ is a comprehensive set of product evaluations on 35+ leading CMS (content management system) vendors. The reports are designed to help potential buyers of CMS technologies identify the software best suited to their needs, and the they are based on information from a wide range of sources, including:
- Product testing conducted by Ars Logica at CMS manufacturers’ headquarters
- 12+ years’ experience analyzing and recommending CMS software products
- Extensive knowledge of actual CMS implementations
- CMS vendors’ responses to an exhaustive 172-item product/company questionnaire
- Experience helping vendors evaluate features for future product versions
“We thought it high time that potential buyers of CMS systems had reliable, vendor-neutral, freely available guidance to help them make their purchase decisions,” said Ars Logica founder, Tony White. Unlike other analyst firms, Ars Logica bases the analysis in its Compass Guide reports on interviews of companies using each CMS product evaluated, vendors’ responses to an exhaustive 172-item questionnaire, and actual hands-on product testing at vendors’ headquarters. “The thing that really sets Ars Logica apart is our hands-on product testing. Of course we also have broad-based industry expertise, as do a few of our competitors, but we know of no other analyst firm that combines a dozen plus years covering the CMS market with detailed, first-hand product knowledge,” said White.
In addition to publishing the Compass Guide to WCM, Ars Logica also offers the following services:
- Technology Selection Consulting – customized consulting engagements aimed at helping enterprises evaluate and choose the right CMS platforms for their businesses.
- Analyst Anytime™ unlimited inquiry – an annual subscription-based advisory service that provides clients a way of getting quick, detailed answers to their content-technology questions.
For more information on Ars Logica and its advisory services, please visit: http://www.arslogica.com.
About Ars Logica
Ars Logica is a vendor-neutral analyst firm helping companies evaluate their WCM requirements and select suitable CMS software. Our Technology Selection projects usually take the form of four to eight-week customized consulting engagements. To address clients’ content management-related questions and problems that arise throughout the year, Ars Logica offers unlimited direct analyst access through its Analyst Anytime™ inquiry service.
# # #