Minneapolis, MN (PRWEB) October 28, 2010
TerraSkin® XP is a combination of 80% stone (calcium carbonate) with a 20% PE (polyethylene) non-toxic resin to create a strong, sustainable substrate. The Calcium Carbonate comes from construction waste material; such as, marble, limestone and chalk scraps which are ground down to a fine powder. The PE is post-industrial recycled and acts as the binder for the Calcium Carbonate. TerraSkin® XP outperforms traditional paper with its moisture and tear-resistance.
TerraSkin® XP delivers environmental and printing advantages over pulp papers, printable plastics and synthetic papers.
- No Deforestation – Not a single tree is used in the production of TerraSkin® XP.
- No Water - The production of TerraSkin® XP requires no water
- No Bleach - TerraSkin® XP is naturally bright white; therefore, requires no bleach or other bleaching agents during manufacturing
- Durable - TerraSkin® XP is moisture, oil, and tear-resistant.
- Reduction in Ink Costs - TerraSkin® XP is fiber free reducing ink coverage needed by 20-30%
- Degradation - TerraSkin® XP will degrade back to its source - the powder of stone - when left out in nature for approximately six to nine months. The product releases no toxic materials, and the paper can be safely incinerated. The inorganic mineral and residues can be reused, though no recycling facilities yet exist in the United States.
- Cradle-to-Cradle Silver Certified - Cradle to Cradle Certification provides a company with a means to tangibly, credibly measure achievement in environmentally-intelligent design and helps customers purchase and specify products that are pursuing a broader definition of quality. This means using environmentally safe and healthy materials; design for material re-utilization, such as recycling or composting; the use of renewable energy and energy efficiency; efficient use of water, and maximum water quality associated with production; and instituting strategies for social responsibility.
In conjunction with TerraSkin® XP, Xcel exhibited EcoMedia™ Banner and the Visual Magnetics® Graphic System, by Visual Magnetics®.
Visual Magnetics® Graphic System combines a patented, magnetic receptive media, MagnaMedia™ with its InvisiLock® magnet to create easily changeable graphics. The MagnaMedia™ print substrates include VM-POLYeight™, VM-POLYfive™, VM-POLYmatte™, VM-POLYgloss™, VM-SYNpaper™ and VM-Chalkboard™. Visual Magnetics® introduced its new VM POLYpeel™. VM POLYpeel™ is 3-mil, magnetic receptive polyester with a re-positionable, micro-sphere adhesive.
EcoMedia™ Blockout Banner is a line of non-pvc films designed for large-format printers utilizing UV-cured inks. EcoMedia™ products are designed and formulated to be environmentally responsible without compromising quality, performance or functionality. The products are constructed from a co-polymer blend that is both recyclable and degradable. EcoMedia™ 15-mil Blockout delivers high-performance with 2-sided printability, outdoor strength and stability making it the perfect cost-effective, PVC free banner.
About Xcel Products, Inc.:
Xcel Products, Inc. is the leading manufacturer and custom converter of innovative printable media solutions for the P-O-P and P-O-S markets worldwide. A one stop resource, Xcel Products, Inc. is uniquely qualified to serve all of your printable media needs. From manufacturer to product developer to authorized sales agent – we can easily manufacture and/or design the solutions you are looking for. Xcel Products aspires to be synonymous with service excellence. In every aspect of our operation—customer care, sales, accounting, production and shipping - Xcel’s goal is to exceed customer’s expectations.
Xcel Products, Inc. developed TerraSkin® XP as a proprietary product and is in exclusive collaboration with TerraSkin®, a division of Design & Source Productions, Inc. Xcel Products, Inc., in exclusive collaboration with Visual Magnetics, LP, develops, converts, markets and sells the Visual Magnetics® Graphic System worldwide. Xcel Products, Inc. is the Exclusive Manufacturer and Converter for EcoMedia™ products.
All images, registered trademarks and trademarks are property of their respective owners.