It was obviously gratifying that these global leaders each had great things to say regarding the positive impact SiriusDecisions has had on their organisation’s success.
Wilton, CT (PRWeb UK) October 27, 2010
Three accomplished guest speakers, five world-class b-to-b sales and marketing analysts, and eight event sponsors representing leading companies came together 19 October in London for the inaugural SiriusDecisions European Summit.
“Growth Through Sales and Marketing Alignment” was the theme for this first annual event, held at the Park Plaza Riverbank hotel. The European Summit marks a major step forward in SiriusDecisions’ ongoing effort to build and serve the company’s growing research membership base in the EMEA region. SiriusDecisions, with headquarters in the US, opened its first overseas office, SiriusDecisions UK Ltd, in the United Kingdom earlier this year.
“The London Summit was a great success,” said Richard Eldh and John Neeson, SiriusDecisions’ managing directors and co-founders. “The fact that we actually exceeded our target goal for this first-time event with 120 attendees, and received excellent feedback, was particularly satisfying during these tough economic times. Even though much of the content was very new for this audience, our analysts continued to develop our reputation in the UK with a very engaged audience; in just a short time, we’re very proud that SiriusDecisions is building real credibility ‘across the pond.’"
Mr. Neeson continued: “The Summit was also enhanced by impressive guest speakers – SAP’s Ann-Mari Doody, Autodesk’s Kevin Ison and Symantec’s Sarah Whipp – who addressed such timely topics as the growth of inside sales, channel optimisation and the keys to optimum sales and marketing alignment, respectively. It was obviously gratifying that these global leaders each had great things to say regarding the positive impact SiriusDecisions has had on their organisation’s success.”
In his opening address, Mr. Eldh shared some current best practices SiriusDecisions has gleaned from its work with industry leaders of all sizes:
- Leading organisations are now applying marketing resources across the entire sales opportunity lifecycle; this requires significant sales/marketing collaboration
- Leading organisations are now building their channel programmes with a primary focus on enabling the channel
- Leading organisations are innovating around the use of social media to create communities, and linking the building of reputation to demand creation
- Leading organisations are applying detailed knowledge of customer buying processes to their marketing and sales approaches
- Leading organisations are leveraging new technologies to increase reach and marketing quality, decrease costs and measure results
Other presentations by SiriusDecisions analysts included such noteworthy research findings as:
- While close to 80 percent of b-to-b organisations are using social media, less than 30 percent have a coordinated, enterprise-wide strategy
- Less than 20 percent of b-to-b organisations have an integrated pipeline process in place between sales and marketing, and less than 10 percent have an integrated technology ecosystem that can report on such a shared integrated pipeline
- Companies with effective social media strategies generate 30 percent more inquiries than their peers
- The average salesperson spends only 18 percent of his/her time actually selling
- Thirty percent of all marketing programmes are designed to support pipeline acceleration
- The Web generates 54 percent of all marketing leads today; this will grow to 71 percent by 2015
- The most profitable, highest-growth b-to-b companies have superior sales and marketing alignment
- Before any demand is created, marketing and sales must align in four key areas: demand type, target market, lead taxonomy and buying cycle
- The technological “heart” of demand creation – the marketing automation platform – is no longer a luxury
- Three-year analysis of marketing spend shows enablement programmes have risen from 12 percent in 2008 to 30 percent in 2010; enablement spend within most channel programmes is now ranging from 30 percent to 50 percent of overall budget
“We were truly excited to host our first European Summit, which drew delegates from throughout the region,” Georgie Donahue, regional vice president of SiriusDecisions UK Ltd, concluded. “Delegates received the latest actionable guidance and insights from several of SiriusDecisions’ top minds, as well as proven keys to success from three top global executives. In addition, event sponsors representing leading companies comprised an onsite vendor showcase that offered the opportunity to learn about the latest innovative tools and services from Aprimo, BizSphere, Brainshark, CRM Technologies, Eloqua, iCentera, Neolane and ON24.”
The leading b-to-b sales and marketing research, data and advisory company, whose annual domestic Summit achieved record attendance last May, returns to Arizona (Scottsdale) on 4-6 May 2011 for its sixth annual Summit flagship event.
To learn more about any of the research findings discussed during the European Summit, please contact Georgie Donahue at gdonahue(at)siriusdecisions(dot)com.
SiriusDecisions is the world's leading source for business-to-business sales and marketing best practice research and data. SiriusDecisions Executive Advisory Services, Consulting Services, Benchmark Assessment Services, Learning and Events provide senior-level executives with the sales and marketing operational intelligence required to maximise top line growth and performance. The unique combination of thought leadership, benchmark data, analytic tools, best practices and access to a peer and analyst network allow SiriusDecisions clients to quickly receive the critical insight they need to make decisions effectively. For more information about SiriusDecisions, visit: http://www.siriusdecisions.com.