San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) October 27, 2010
UnitedHealth Group and ANT+ have joined The Digital Health Summit at the 2011 International CES as platinum sponsors, and Bluetooth SIG, Qualcomm, Ideal Life and Continua Alliance as gold sponsors, the conference organizers announced today. They join the more than 50 sponsors and media partners that have pledged their support of the summit, which is scheduled to bring together more than 300 senior health and technology executives for an intensive, one-day colloquium that will examine the fast-growing digital health industry.
Now in its second year, The Digital Health Summit at CES (January 7, 2011 – Las Vegas Convention Center, LVCC North Hall, N253) focuses on the growing market of consumer-based innovations that sit at the convergence of technology and healthcare. Based on the wildly successful inaugural 2010 Digital Health Summit, this year’s event will explore the current digital health landscape by taking a look at trends and technologies leading the way and explore its future.
“The support of such well known industry players as both sponsors and speakers is proof that not only is the digital health industry booming, but also changing the traditional healthcare model in new and unprecedented ways,” said Jill Gilbert, Co-producer of The Digital Health Summit. “As new technologies work to improve health outcomes and change the way providers and consumers manage patient and self-care, they are also becoming important players in the health management equation, providing business opportunities for a new stable of players, including developers, manufacturers, distributors and service providers.”
This year’s summit at the International CES has brought together an impressive line-up of health and technology leaders, including:
- Colonel Ron Poropatich, MD, Deputy Director of the Telemedicine and Advanced Technology Research Center (TATRC). Poropatich will kick off the summit by delivering a keynote presentation that will reveal the latest military innovations in mhealth and telemedicine shaping consumer technology and what it means for civilians.
- Opening panel “Is Digital Health Here to Stay?” will bring together C. Martin Harris, MD, Chief Information Officer of the Cleveland Clinic, Harry Greenspun, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Dell Services, and Richard Migliori, MD, Chief Medical Officer of UnitedHealth Group, to explore the changing landscape of healthcare and the role digital health plays in improving the lives of consumers.
- Don Jones, Vice President Business Development of Health and Life Sciences at Qualcomm will lead “A Sneak Peek at the Future of Wireless Health,” a special session that will explore how to enable personal health management with wireless technologies and share insights on the next-generation of solutions.
Additionally, senior experts from both industries will participate in seven additional sessions, including:
- The Role of Remote Monitoring in Digital Healthcare Systems
- The Doctor in Your Hand: Exploring Mobile Health Options
- Does Technology Motivate People to Stay Healthy?
- Hospitals Without Walls: New Technologies Diminish Barriers to Healthcare Delivery
- Who are the Game Changers in Digital Health?
- Consumer Impact: Case Studies in Quality of Life
- It Just Works: Mobile Health Today & the Future of Connected Wellness
The Digital Health Summit exhibit hall (open January 6 – 9, 2011) will compliment the one-day event and showcase today’s generation of companies addressing a variety of industry needs. Products and services highlighted include those addressing managed care, patient/doctor communication, shorter hospital stays and faster recovery time, lowered costs for health insurance, early prevention and detection, digital patient information records, medical attention over distances, and diagnosing and battling disease.
The one–day summit and exhibition of more than 65 companies will bring together healthcare industry executives alongside developers, manufacturers, buyers, distributors, service providers, academicians, and more.
To view the agenda, click here.
For a list of summit speakers, click here.
For a list of event sponsors and media partners click here.
Follow Digital Health Summit on Twitter for news and updates: twitter.com/dhsummit.
About Digital Health Summit:
The Digital Health Summit at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) focuses on the booming market of consumer-based health and wellness innovations that sit at the convergence of technology and healthcare. The Digital Health Summit and Exhibition is presented by Living in Digital Times, producer of the following summits and exhibitions at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show: Silvers Summit, Fitness Tech Summit, HigherEd Tech Summit, Kids@Play Summit, MommyTech Summit, Mobile Apps Showdown, and Last Gadget Standing. For more information about the Digital Health Summit, visit: http://digitalhealthsummit.com/.