We’ve offered training courses for online instructors for many years. We created this comprehensive program for online instructors based on the success of our results-based, lifecycle training system for on-ground instructors.
Irvine, CA (PRWEB) November 4, 2010
MaxKnowledge unveils a comprehensive Faculty Development Program to maximize performance of online instructors. The program is based on MaxKnowledge’s proven lifecycle training model, which incorporates a fully integrated system of tools, resources and services to turn training into performance.
The Faculty Development Program for Online Instructors includes the following components:
- A Baseline Assessment to Customize the Training Path for Each Participant
- Individual Development Plan Software that Links Training Activities to Each Participant’s Performance Goals
- Online Training Courses Supported by Expert Facilitators to Meet Each Participant’s Needs
- Post-Course Discussion Meetings and Performance Forums to Enhance Application of Training
- Instructor Observation Instruments and Methodologies to Assess Performance Results
- Performance Support through The Lounge (Social Learning), Success Tutorials, OnPoint Webinars, and Learning Nuggets
- Implementation Support through a Faculty Development Guide, Competency Mapping Tools, Training Activity Reports, and Coaching Services
- Knowledge Assessments, Certification, and Continuing Education Opportunities
The program’s training courses are designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of online instructors based on a set of national competency standards established for quality online teaching. Each course in the program provides 4 hours of training and continuing education credit.
“We’ve offered training courses for online instructors for many years,” said Dr. Amir Moghadam, CEO of MaxKnowledge. “We created this comprehensive program for online instructors based on the success of our results-based, lifecycle training system for on-ground instructors.”
The program will be offered through the Center for Excellence in Education (http://www.iaf-cee.org), an employee development initiative formed by MaxKnowledge and the Imagine America Foundation. The Faculty Development Program for on-ground instructors at the Center for Excellence in Education was subject to a recent independent study by the ROI Institute®. Results from the case study showed a 517% return on investment in faculty development resulting from increased student retention.
MaxKnowledge is a leading employee training provider for higher education institutions. We offer a wide range of online professional development and continuing education opportunities for the faculty, staff and administrators of postsecondary colleges and universities. Our mission is to maximize performance of educational operations through effective employee development solutions. For more information, visit: http://www.maxknowledge.com.