Seattle, WA (PRWEB) November 4, 2010
Following its success overseas and in Canada, Nood today announced the U.S. launch of noodDesign.com, with free introductory shipping for all orders totaling $99 or more, including sofas and other large furnishings. Nood, a cheeky acronym for New Objects Of Desire, offers high-quality modern and contemporary design furniture, housewares, gifts, and home textiles. Nood has its sights set on a market segment that it feels is being unaddressed -- designer-quality furniture at remarkably low prices.
"High-quality modern furniture has been synonymous with outlandishly high prices, and that's something we're out to change," said Damien Bryan, general manager of Nood North America. "At noodDesign.com, we're calling out to the customer who wants to reach beyond IKEA's ubiquity, and who finds Design Within Reach, frankly, out of reach."
Customers can choose from hundreds of inspired products in several categories:
- Modern Furniture: such as the Swizzle convertible sofa bed, possibly the most versatile -- and suggestive -- piece of furniture you'll ever own. (See bit.ly/swizzlesofa.)
- Kitchen & Dining: including gorgeous ceramic chef's knives, fun tumblers and classy wine accessories.
- Bed & Bath: with everything to outfit modern bedrooms and bathrooms from Egyptian Cotton sheet sets, to bamboo towels, to whimsical toothbrush holders.
- Bags & Luggage: featuring Nood's very own collection of stylish and fun overnight, messenger, laptop, and travel bags.
- Clocks, Accent Pieces, Gadgets & Toys: a modern museum-like collection of functionally fun housewares and gifts.
In addition to its many unique and designer-inspired pieces, noodDesign.com has been crafted to deliver a customer-centric experience. "Everything we do is built on the premise of 'life and design made simple.' Now, there's a true alternative to overpriced design studios, to massive furniture box-stores, and to cookie-cutter aesthetics," continued Bryan. "At noodDesign.com, we bring everyday consumers an intimate, hassle-free shopping experience, with unique products and the freedom to make more thoughtful and informed decisions."
Nood is online today at http://www.noodDesign.com. As an introductory promotion, all orders of $99 or more will ship free to anywhere in the continental United States, even large items such as sofas and dining tables.
Nood began in New Zealand in 2007, selling modern home furnishings at exceptionally affordable prices. Since that time it has grown to an international company, with 14 retail studios in New Zealand and Canada -- and now online in the United States. For more information, please visit http://www.noodDesign.com
# # #