Austin, TX (PRWEB) November 7, 2010
Mary Reed Public Relations (MR•PR), a public relations and marketing firm, http://www.get-your-message-out.com, is now offering public relations coaching services to business owners with very limited marketing budgets who need help getting the word out about their business. Explains Reed, owner of MR•PR, "In today's economy, many small business owners, especially new entrepreneurs, can't afford to spend a bundle on public relations. My coaching services provide them with an affordable alternative. Rather than my handling all of their public relations needs and billing them on a retainer or project basis like I do for my full-service clients, my coaching clients direct their own public relations efforts and purchase my advice, guidance and hands-on assistance in small, affordable blocks of time as they need it."
Reed's coaching services include helping clients:
- Map out doable public relations plans of action
- Brainstorm solutions to their marketing problems
- Develop their media pitches
- Determine who in the media they should target for local and/or national print, TV or radio attention
- Prepare for media interviews
- Ensure that all of their press releases, fact sheets, white papers, web site copy and newsletters are well-written and effective marketing tools
- Achieve maximum benefit from Facebook, LinkedIn and other social media sites
Reed is also offering her coaching services to self-published authors who need affordable help publicizing their books. She has extensive book publicity experience having served as publicity manager for a major regional book publisher based, managed national publicity campaigns for a number of national book publishers, and having worked with numerous authors who hired her to supplement their publishers' publicity efforts.
Reed established MR•PR 25 years ago. The firm's hallmarks are its strong focus on personalized service and emphasis on providing clients with pragmatic, cost-effective solutions to their marketing problems. Over the years, the company has assisted a wide variety of clients both in the US and abroad, including attorneys, personal finance professionals, web-based businesses, realtors, health care professionals, retailers, hotels, restaurants and nonprofits, as well as publishers and authors.