Chicago (PRWEB) November 9, 2010
The Word of Mouth Marketing Association (WOMMA) recently announced new Summit 2010 conference sessions focused exclusively on word of mouth and social media marketing ethics. WOMMA Summit 2010, November 17-19 in Las Vegas, is the official word of mouth marketing industry conference, focusing on creating talkable brands through next and best practices in word of mouth and social marketing.
WOMMA was founded in 2004 on defining and achieving best practices and ethical standards for the word of mouth marketing industry. As part of WOMMA’s continued dedication towards achieving this, the Summit agenda includes several ethics-focused sessions:
- Lois C. Greisman, Head of the Division of Marketing Practices, FTC Bureau of Consumer Protection, will provide an update on the FTC’s latest privacy initiatives and discuss hot topics involving mobile marketing, affiliate marketing and privacy ethics in her keynote speech Marketing from the FTC’s Perspective: Pluses and Pitfalls.
- Members of the WOMMA Member Ethics Advisory Panel (MEAP) will tackle one of the industry’s most important issues – the relationship between brands and bloggers – in their session, Best Brand Practices for WOMMA and FTC-Compliant Marketing. This session will outline the common ethical and legal pitfalls of social media marketing programs and how WOMMA can help companies avoid them. For more information about the MEAP, visit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN2K4CLzUn8.
- Anthony DiResta, General Counsel of WOMMA will lead a panel discussion on the current regulatory landscape of social media marketing. The panel discussion will go over best practice advice from current FTC investigations involving social media marketing programs and how to avoid the pitfalls that could put a company or campaign at risk.
- Ted Murphy, Founder & CEO, IZEA, Inc. will provide an update on the state of Social Media Sponsorships (SMS) and discuss the level of awareness and accountability brands and social media publishers have in using SMS as it relates to disclosure and the FTC Guidelines.
The WOMMA Summit 2010 is a learning community for all brands, agencies, and media marketers who want to help their companies navigate the complex waters of word of mouth and social media marketing. Attendees will gain knowledge in the latest industry happenings and learn the best practices of other companies that could become their next practices.
- WOMMA Summit 2010: http://www.womma.org/summit
- The WOMMA Ethics code: http://www.womma.org/ethics/code/
- Talkable Tweets from WOMMA Summit 2009: http://www.slideshare.net/WOMMAssociation/talkable-tweets-from-wommas-2009-summit-2560941
- WOMMA Membership: http://womma.org/join/
WOMMA, http://www.womma.org, is the leading trade association in the marketing and advertising industries that focuses on word of mouth, consumer-generated and social media platforms -- or marketing techniques that include buzz, viral, community, and influencer marketing, as well as brand blogging. The organization is committed to developing and maintaining appropriate ethical standards for marketers and advertisers engaging in such marketing practices, identifying meaningful measurement standards for such marketing practices, and defining “best practices” for the industry.
Founded in 2004, WOMMA members include marketers and brands that use word-of-mouth marketing to reinforce their core customers and to reach out to new consumers, agencies that deliver word-of-mouth services and technologies, researchers that track the word-of-mouth experience and offline and online practitioners.
# # #