Real-World Solutions to the Most Significant Challenges Facing Fuel Cell Commercialization
Brookline, MA (PRWEB) November 11, 2010
The Knowledge Foundation has announced that the 6th Fuel Cells Durability & Performance conference will be held next month in Boston, MA from December 9-10, 2010 at the Hilton Boston Back Bay Hotel.
According to Dr. Serge Pan, Vice President of Science & Technology at the Knowledge Foundation, “The durability and performance of fuel cells have a major impact on the most important challenges facing fuel cell commercialization including final cost, mass production, system integration, functionality and reliability.”
Drawing on the internationally recognized Knowledge Foundation Fuel Cells Conference Series, this meeting will provide an interdisciplinary forum for fuel cell developers, manufacturers and suppliers working in the fields of fuel cell materials, stacks, system design, fabrication, and testing and will cover the following topics:
- Factors Affecting Durability & Performance of Different Type Fuel Cells
- Electrocatalyst Durability Research
- Membranes and Membrane Electrode Assemblies (MEAs)
- Water Management
- Testing, Safety, Standardization
- Freeze/Thaw and Shut-Down/Start-Up
The distinguished presenting speaker faculty from around the world includes:
- Radoslav Atanasoski, PhD, 3M Company
- Hans Bettermann, Prof Dr, Heinrich-Heine-University of Düsseldorf
- Rodney L. Borup, PhD, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Vesna Colbow, PhD, Ballard Power Systems
- Carsten Cremers, PhD, Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology
- Alejandro A. Franco, PhD, French Atomic Energy & Alternative Energies Commission
- Byungchan Han, PhD, Stanford University
- Parsaoran Hutapea, PhD, Temple University
- Gaby J.M. Janssen, PhD, Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands
- Tim LaBreche, Adaptive Materials, Inc.
- Pauline Legrand, PhD, French Atomic Energy & Alternative Energies Commission
- Benjamin S. Lunt, Nuvera Fuel Cells
- Renaut Mosdale, PhD, PaxiTech
- Shichun Mu, PhD, Wuhan University of Technology
- Jennifer Peron, PhD, UPMC - Site Collège de France
- Zhigang Qi, PhD, Wuhan Intepower Co.
- André D. Taylor, PhD, Yale University
- Ahmet Turhan, PhD, University of Tennessee at Knoxville
- Roger van Boeyen, PhD, Lynntech, Inc.
- Peter Wilde, PhD, SGL Technologies GmbH
About The Knowledge Foundation
The Knowledge Foundation integrates scientific ingenuity and real-world applications by fostering collaborative research at the rapidly changing intersection of science and business. Known for providing members of its Technology Commercialization Alliance with direct and unbiased state-of-the-art scientific information, the Knowledge Foundation is uniquely qualified to provide wider exposure for important developments in the emerging fields of alternative energy including fuel cells and lithium ion batteries, nanotechnology, and chemical/biological detection technologies.
# # #