there should be an immediate moratorium on the resale of all toxic Chinese drywall home/condo foreclosures by US banks or Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, until we know how to fix these homes.
Washington, DC (Vocus) November 11, 2010
The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center says, "why is no one in charge of the US toxic Chinese drywall disaster? By our count, we estimate its in the 100,000's of US homes. President Obama has yet to discuss toxic Chinese drywall one time in public? What's worse is what happens to the children who live in these toxic Chinese drywall homes?" The group says, "most insulting is the lack of news coverage of the man-made toxic Chinese drywall disaster. In July of 2009 a US government sponsored scientific team was barred entry into a Chinese gypsum mine by Chinese officials--goons. Any one else have a problem with this? It never made the news?" http://ChineseDrywallComplaintCenter.Com
How About Federal Leadership On The Toxic Chinese Drywall Disaster--Now?
The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center says, "due to a lack of federal leadership, or foresight the toxic Chinese drywall disaster has descended into a horrible hell, where no one knows what happens next, including the existing homeowners, who are praying someone will come riding in for a rescue. We fear President Obama will never come riding in--he will just absorb the nation in some new agenda item." http://ChineseDrywallComplaintCenter.Com
What needs to happen now on US toxic Chinese drywall disaster?
- Health Effects Due To Long-Term Exposure To Toxic Chinese Drywall: The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center says, "the US CDC in combination with the US EPA need to provide immediate health information on what long-term exposure to toxic Chinese drywall is going to mean. We already know about the nose bleeds, severe allergy symptoms, the headaches. If gasses being emitted from toxic Chinese drywall will corrode copper pipes or electrical wires, it can't be very good for your health." They say, "the Obama Administration needs to fire all of their appointees at the US Consumer Products Safety Commission--they don't seem to be too concerned about the health issues--and after almost two years, they have yet to recall one sheet of toxic Chinese drywall."
- Bank Foreclosures Involving Toxic Chinese Drywall: The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center has been saying, "there should be an immediate moratorium on the resale of all toxic Chinese drywall home/condo foreclosures by US banks or Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, until we know how to fix these homes." They say, "at least for now, the bank toxic Chinese drywall foreclosure home resale moratorium should include the resale of all toxic Chinese drywall home/condo foreclosures in Florida, Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Southeast Texas. These homes will just end up as foreclosures again--unless they are properly repaired--or bulldozed."
- Fixing The Houses: The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center says, "the worst part of the Wild West atmosphere surrounding toxic Chinese drywall homes in Florida, Virginia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Southeast Texas is everyone is an expert, when it comes to fixing a toxic Chinese drywall house-condo-townhome. Would you trust a greedy real estate flipper or broke homebuilder on their repair job? We don't." They say, "the problem--there are no building codes, no laws, no EPA, no nothing with respect to repairing a toxic Chinese drywall home, and that needs to change right now. Again we ask, where is the US EPA? The Obama Administration, and federal agencies failure to take charge of this disaster just allows this disaster to fester and get worse."
- No More Back Room Deals: The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center says, "we are perhaps the best branded source on the Internet on Knauf Tianjin toxic Chinese drywall. Would Judge Fallon of the New Orleans Federal District Court please give us a realistic deadline to get all Knauf Tainjin Chinese drywall identified--not these two week deals, we have had all year long." The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center says, "if you have Knauf Tianjin toxic Chinese drywall in your US Southeast home, and you have yet to have been identified by the court-please call us immediately at 866-714-6466."
- Where's The Sheriff? The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center says, "in June it was revealed that a leading national homebuilder, along with a major South Florida building supply house colluded with a toxic Chinese drywall maker to conceal this information from innocent homeowners in Florida, who were living in a toxic home. Why No Justice Department?"
The Chinese Drywall Complaint Center says, "toxic Chinese drywall is not just in Florida, or the US Southeast--it's a national disaster, and after being in office for 20+ months its time for the Obama Administration to show up. We are not going to back down. Its time for US Federal Government to take charge of this disaster--these homeowners have kids, and this is the United States, not a Banana Republic." http://ChineseDrywallComplaintCenter.Com
(United States District Court-Eastern District of Louisiana MDL Case #2047)
# # #