San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 11, 2010
GigaOM, a leading business media company, today announced eight finalists for the Net:Work 2010 Conference ‘Future Ideas’ contest. These innovative startups are leveraging the ‘human cloud’ – the 24x7 global workforce powered and connected by cloud, social, and mobile technologies – to change the way people and companies work.
The GigaOM Net:Work 2010 conference will take place December 9, 2010 at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco. This inaugural event is the only conference to explore the advances in broadband wireless, mobile email, Skype, web videoconferencing, corporate wikis, virtual private networks, cloud computing, and other web-enabled corporate collaboration tools that are transforming the way people work and companies manage their workforces. Speakers include top executives from Cisco, Polycom, Jive Software, Google, LiveOps, NetSuite, Elance, oDesk, and many more.
The eight finalists of the Net:Work 2010 Future Ideas contest, chosen from among dozens of applicants by a panel of GigaOM editors and research analysts, are:
- Cohuman: Cohuman is an intelligent workspace for coordinating people and projects that promotes transparency and accountability in communications, allowing teams to get things done more efficiently.
- Egnyte: Egnyte Hybrid Cloud File Server delivers critical business infrastructure - online storage, backup, file sharing and collaboration. LAN speeds and offline synchronization guarantee businesses the fastest, most reliable data access.
- Mainsoft: Mainsoft brings document collaboration to every business user by transforming the email client into a collaboration and social workspace called ‘social email’.
- Rypple: Rypple builds social software that makes feedback and coaching easy.
- TimeTrade: TimeTrade gives sales, marketing, & service teams a powerful, hassle-free way to book more meetings with prospects and customers through One-Step Appointment Scheduling™.
- TokBox: TokBox is a leading Web video communications provider. The TokBox Platform enables websites to integrate live, group video chat into their online experience.
- WANTED Technologies: WANTED technologies provides business intelligence for the talent marketplace, helping recruiting organizations make better decisions faster with real-time insight on jobs, employers, and talent.
- WatchDox: WatchDox allows companies to control and track sensitive documents wherever they go.
“These innovators in the ‘human cloud’ have launched sophisticated technologies that are changing how colleagues collaborate and companies run their businesses – leveraging mobile, social, and cloud technologies to fundamentally alter the world of work,” said Matthew Ingram, chair of Net:Work and GigaOM editor. “We received dozens of applications from promising startups in the HR and enterprise collaboration fields, but these eight companies stood out for their innovative product offerings and forward-thinking business models.”
Each of the eight Future Ideas finalists will take the stage at Net:Work for five minutes to present their innovations to the high-profile audience of GigaOM editors and research analysts, CEOs, CIOs, entrepreneurs, investors, and journalists. Audience members will have a chance to vote for the ‘best idea’ that most impact the future of work, choosing an ‘audience favorite’ winner from among the finalists.
Spaces at Net:Work are selling quickly and those interested in attending the conference should register as soon as possible. Anyone interested in the way companies must leverage technology to build their workforces, increase productivity, and boost profitability should not miss Net:Work.
Founded in 2006, GigaOM has grown into the leading provider of online media, events and research for global technology innovators. The company is one of the most credible and insightful voices at the intersection of business and technology, with an online audience of more than 4 million monthly unique visitors; industry-leading events, including Structure, Mobilize, NewTeeVee Live, Net:Work, Green:Net and Bunker Sessions; and a pioneering market research service and digital community, GigaOM Pro, which provides insider access to expert analysis on emerging technology markets.
# # #