I bought the Bunion Aid for my mother as a Christmas gift.She has been wearing the Bunion Aid daily, working up to the suggested 2 to 3 hours a day. She has noticed a great improvement and has been pain free for our most recent shopping excursions!
Tiburon, CA (Vocus/PRWEB) November 16, 2010
Tiburon, CA (Vocus) November 15, 2010 -- Alpha Orthotics® Corp. encourages Santa to be practical this year by filling your stockings with items that take care of your feet. According to the American Podiatric Medical Association, over 53 million people in the U.S. have foot problems per year. So with this many, be clever and healthy with ten stocking stuffers for your feet!
1. Start with socks. Your foot padding tends to deteriorate as you age resulting in increased foot pain. Plus, each foot has over 125,000 sweat glands that are activated by emotional stimulation. When barefoot, the moisture dissipates; but in footwear, the moisture has no place to go – resulting in excessive friction. A brand such as Thorlos® with extra-thick cushioning and moisture wicking is a great gift for preventing foot pain and blisters.
2. Toe warmers are inexpensive and easy to stash away when the temperatures unexpectedly drop. A great place to conveniently place toe warmers is in the glove compartment of a car – just in case of an emergency.
3. A gift certificate to a local foot specialty store where the staff is trained in biomechanics of feet and knows how to properly fit shoes. Comfort-fit shoes are surprisingly more stylish than ever before. It’s a great way to support your local retailer and your feet!
4. “Off the charts” foot reflexology session! Do you ever treat yourself to foot reflexology? It reduces stress which, of course, can adversely affect various parts of the human body. Because feet and hands help set the tension level for the rest of the body, reflexology is an easy way to interrupt the stress signal and reset the body's equilibrium.
5. Know anyone with a bunion? A bunion splint that reduces bunion pain for a friend or relative can be a thoughtful, unexpected gift. The adjustable hinged splint from Alpha Orthotics®, Bunion Aid®, supports the mid-foot arch and corrects the bunion while walking. Because one size fits most, and can be worn on the left or right foot, this splint is easy to include in a stocking.
Nadine Miller of Ontario, Canada purchased a Bunion Aid for her mother because doctors told her that foot surgery was most likely the best option but not until it got worse, “Well......I thought this sounds ridiculous. There must be something we can do. So I . . . ended up buying the Bunion Aid for her as a Christmas gift….She has been wearing the Bunion Aid daily, she is working up to the suggested 2 to 3 hours a day. She has noticed a great improvement and has been pain free for our most recent shopping excursion!!!"
6. And what about a treatment for toenail fungus? Fungus affects about 6-8% of the adult population. Although there are prescription ointments on the market that treat nail fungi, the newest drug-free treatment is a laser-based method. It can be effective after only one visit but may depend on the severity of the toenail fungus.
On the lighter side. . . .
7. For those who like to pamper their feet, give a pedicure gift certificate to a local nail salon. Nail art is in, so add a few extra $$ for a toenail bling!
8. Colorful nail polish – forget the black; go with some opulent and metallic nail polishes such as OPI Burlesque Collection. So easy to drop into a stocking.
9. Marbles. But why marbles? A great little item to have for exercising your feet. Try picking up marbles with your toes; it’s a great exercise for your feet in preventing hammertoes, ball of foot pain, and toe cramps.
10. Foot crèmes. There are many wonderful foot crèmes and scrubs that hydrate and exfoliate even the toughest feet. Bliss® Foot Patrol is packed with peppermint; it’s like wrapping your foot in a candy cane!
Bunion Aid is available at http://www.alphaorthotics.com. Save 10% with coupon: STOCKING
About Alpha Orthotics Corp.
Alpha Orthotics Corp. (http://www.alphaorthotics.com) is a wholly owned subsidiary of German Hallufix Corporation. Alpha Orthotics markets and sells patented, German-engineered non-invasive orthotic products directly to consumers and to the medical community.