We've studied the feedback from our park guests that comes to us via email, Facebook, comment cards, and conversations out in the park
Santa Claus, IN (Vocus) November 17, 2010
Additions and enhancements planned for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari in 2011 can be divided into two categories: children and comfort.
That’s according to park president Dan Koch, who says the investment of $5.2 million will provide more fun for children and more comfort for families.
“We’ve studied the feedback from our park guests that comes to us via email, Facebook, comment cards, and conversations out in the park,” says Koch. “This is the year we will add more for the little ones to do plus a lot of extras around the park.
Additions for 2011 include:
- Safari Sam’s SplashLand: Located in Splashin’ Safari, SplashLand will feature eight body slides for smaller children, plus dozens of water-play elements in a shallow pool
- Rudolph's Round-Up: A colorful sleigh ride for smaller children to ride with older siblings or adults. This custom-designed ride will take riders in a circle and up and down
- Air-conditioned dining at Plymouth Rock Café
- More shade and seating in Splashin’ Safari
- More restrooms, changing rooms and family restrooms in both parks
- 500 new lockers
- Parking lot improvements
- New maintenance shop and paint shop plus two new employee break rooms
In addition, the town’s historic Santa statue, which was dedicated in 1935, will be restored in the coming year. The 22-foot concrete statue, which has been in disrepair for many years, was acquired by the Koch family several years ago and is located southeast of the park on State Road 245.
Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in Santa Claus, Indiana, will open for their 65th season next May. For more information about the parks, visit http://www.HolidayWorld.com or call 1-877-Go-Family.