“Canaan is proud to back the technology leaders in digital media, cloud computing, communications infrastructure, and social commerce that are changing the way the world works and lives."
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) November 15, 2010
- Canaan Partners, a multibillion-dollar global venture capital firm, will host the official opening night party at the 2010 Web 2.0 Summit, which takes place in San Francisco November 15-17. Canaan’s second-annual Web After Dark party will take place on November 15th from 9pm to midnight at The Bently Reserve.
- Canaan’s invitation-only Web After Dark party is a much anticipated event at Web 2.0 Summit – drawing an exclusive crowd of CEOs from the hottest startups, top venture investors and tech industry moguls for networking and cocktails. Canaan’s Web After Dark gives attendees “after-hours” access to startups pioneering next-generation smart TV platforms, including blip.tv, Tremor Media and LiveU, as well as leaders in gaming, advertising, social commerce and social webcasting. Registered Web 2.0 Summit attendees can register for Canaan’s Web After Dark in a virtual world, designed and hosted by ON24.
- Canaan’s Web After Dark will feature demos from blip.tv, the only-ventured backed company included on the GoogleTV platform at launch; PrimeSense, the creator of the 3D sensing technology used in the Microsoft Kinect for Xbox360; and LiveU, the pioneer in portable video technologies that enable broadcasters to uplink and transmit live instantly over cellular channels. LiveU will also be streaming the event live to Ustream.
- Canaan will give away GoogleTV boxes and Microsoft Kinect for Xbox360 devices to a few lucky guests.
- Canaan Partners has over $3B under management and continues to actively invest in the most innovative digital media companies. The firm’s technology and digital media investments include Active.com, blip.tv, Blurb, Lending Club, ON24, PrimeSense, Zoosk, and many other global market leaders. The firm continues to make strategic investments in innovative technology and digital media companies via its $650 million Canaan VIII fund.
- Canaan actively leads and participates in the discussions and trends shaping the technology sector. The firm’s partners are widely quoted in publications such as The Wall Street Journal, Wired, Advertising Age, CNBC, and Portfolio.com, TechCrunch, VentureBeat, Venture Capital Journal and speak at conferences such as Fortune Brainstorm TECH, Techonomy, AdTech, Web 2.0 Expo, OMMA Global, Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, and CES.
- “Internet technologies are transforming the way people work, play, collaborate, shop, date, and conduct business – and the Internet now impacts almost every aspect of the global economy,” said Maha Ibrahim, general partner at Canaan Partners. “Canaan is proud to back the technology leaders in digital media, cloud computing, communications infrastructure, and social commerce that are changing the way the world works and lives. We look forward to showing our appreciation for the best and brightest entrepreneurial minds at the second annual Canaan Web After Dark party.”
- “The Web 2.0 Summit 2010 gathers together the business and technology visionaries in the Internet and digital media industries, and many of Canaan’s companies are leaders in the Web 2.0 world,” said John Balen, general partner at Canaan Partners. “For nearly a quarter century, Canaan has taken a hands-on approach to helping our portfolio companies succeed. We look forward to raising a glass to their success – and to the future of the Internet industry – at the Web After Dark party this year.”
About Canaan Partners Canaan Partners invests in visionary entrepreneurs and provides them the networks, insights and operational guidance required to build high-performance technology and healthcare companies. Founded in 1987, the firm has raised eight funds and completed more than 78 acquisitions and 53 IPOs. With $3 billion under management and a worldwide footprint, the firm is committed to catalyzing the growth of innovative digital media, communications & mobility, enterprise and clean tech companies. Among its successes are Associated Content, the people’s media company; VOIP equipment supplier Acme Packet; CommerceOne, the company that pioneered B2B ecommerce; DoubleClick, the leading online advertising solution; Match.com, the most popular online dating site in the world; and SuccessFactors, the global leader in on-demand performance and talent management solutions. Other Canaan investments include 3Crowd, Active Networks, blip.tv, Blurb, iYogi, KABAM, Lending Club, ON24, OpenSky, Prime Sense, SOASTA, Tremor Media and Zoosk. Canaan maintains a presence in California, Connecticut, India, and Israel. For more information visit http://www.canaan.com.