The Podotech Elftman is very cost-effective compared to competitor systems. It’s a highly versatile platform that offers the clinician with an array of analysis options, and the visual impact of the scans is great for patient education.
(PRWEB) November 17, 2010
The Podotech Elftman utilises state of the art pressure mat technology and electronic sensors to provide extensive analysis options and the static, dynamic and postural modes enable patients to be scanned whilst standing, walking or running.
Superior visual analysis is provided via 2D or 3D scans, graphs and reports that enable immediate interpretation of data and encourage patient interaction.
- Captures 100 images per second
- Matrix homogeneity provided by 1600 equally-measuring sensors
- Thin pressure mat encourages natural gait
- Sensor life time of over 1 million uses
- Highly durable, permanent mat surface
- CE certification provides quality assurance
- No product calibration required
- Can be walked on with and without footwear
- User-friendly software guides clinicians through patient consultations
- Visual impact reinforces patient education and orthotic recommendation
- Immediate analysis and interpretation of data via comprehensive reports
- Achieve better CAD/CAM foot orthotic outcomes by combining the Elftman image at design stage
- Enables comparisons with a patient’s previous scan or ideal mechanics
- Generates PDF and Bitmap files for computerised records
- Highly sensitive mat enables analysis of children’s gait and posture
- Lightweight, portable and easy to store where space is limited
Heidi Meckler, Business Development Executive and biomechanics specialist at Algeos noted: "The Podotech Elftman is very cost-effective compared to competitor systems. It’s a highly versatile platform that offers the clinician with an array of analysis options, and the visual impact of the scans is great for patient education. Reports are quick and easy to generate, and can be saved to patient files or emailed to colleagues.”
The Podotech Elftman offers three scan types:
- Scan the patient whilst standing to identify plantar pressure distribution
- Valuable when assessing orthotic efficiency and detecting leg length discrepancies
- Extensive analysis options in 2D and 3D and numerous measuring possibilities
- Produces annotatable reports that can be saved and emailed in PDF format
- Assess the foot in motion whilst walking or running
- Video mode allows frame by frame viewing
- Gait line display, calculations and curves
- Actual size print capacity
- Identifies deviations in the musculoskeletal balance
- Visually observe postural movement over time
- Centre of pressure displacement (with zoom)
Further information on the Podotech Elftman can be viewed online at http://www.algeos.com or contact Algeos to request a free brochure.
The Podotech Elftman will be a regular feature on the Algeos exhibition stands, so visit the Algeos website to see where demonstrations will be taking place.