Bend, OR (PRWEB) November 17, 2010
Company HR and talent managers take note: OnBoard Yourself™ is seeking 25 Gen Y new hires and their supervisors to participate in a new study on the use of e-learning technologies to help Gen Ys get themselves up to speed in new jobs.
Study participants will receive:
- Free use of the OnBoard Yourself structured e-learning program for six months.
- Monthly coaching/feedback sessions for both millennial new hires and their supervisors.
- Executive presentations of the study findings.
OnBoard Yourself CEO Todd Hudson says that the goal is to cost-effectively get Gen Y new hires up to speed faster, with fewer mistakes and without stressing their busy supervisors.
“Companies are struggling to onboard this highly facilitated, digital generation,” says OnBoard Yourself CEO Todd Hudson. “This study aims to test and refine a whole new process of onboarding that focuses on teaching millennials how to take charge of getting themselves up to speed while reducing the hand-holding burden on the supervisors who manage them.”
OnBoard Yourself supports Gen Y new hires throughout the entire first year in their new job. It helps millennials learn the way they naturally do: via self-directed e-learning resources in a structured, time-based program, while teaching them new skills for self-motivation and self-direction.
The program incorporates e-learning courses, articles, vidcasts, podcasts and screencasts in three components.
- My Personal OnBoarding Plan: Teaches the Gen Y new hire how to work with their supervisor to develop a plan that will enable them to take charge of getting themselves up to speed in their new job.
- Rocket to the Top: A complete 12-month professional development program that guides the Gen Y new hire as they execute their onboarding plan through their first year on the job.
- Self-Directed Learning: For newbies that need help with specific issues, OnBoard Yourself e-learning courses, articles, podcasts and vidcasts are organized by topic and searchable by keyword.
Employers can obtain the OnBoard Yourself program in three ways: purchase access on http://www.onboardyourself.com, license the OnBoard Yourself program for use on their own servers, or purchase a branded OnBoard Yourself portal for their company's exclusive use. HR managers receive a free 14-day trial. More info at http://www.onboardyourself.com.
For more information about participating in the trial study, contact Todd Hudson at 303.819.6662 or email thudson(at)onboardyourself(dot)com.
ABOUT ONBOARD YOURSELF
Bend, Oregon-based OnBoard Yourself™ is an e-learning program that helps Gen Y new hires take charge of their onboarding and achieve success in their first career year. OnBoard Yourself is based on the principles of Maverick Institute LEAN Learning which seeks to greatly improve the ROI of training by removing waste from the learning process and maximizing what measurably works. More info at http://www.onboardyourself.com and http://www.rockettothetop.com.