Not only will it help the Club to further understand its members, it will also enable new campers to gain an insight into the type of holiday a campsite offers before they book a pitch.
(PRWeb UK) November 20, 2010
The Camping and Caravanning Club is offering people the chance to write about their favourite campsites via an online review facility.
The new resource went live this month and is available to both members and non-members.
Campers will have the opportunity to write about all things camping including their favourite sites, the areas they are in and the local amenities and attractions on offer.
Although the resource has only just been released, thousands of reviews have already been written and are now ready to upload to the Club’s website.
The Club’s e-Business Managers Will Knott and Evleen Price have worked tirelessly on this project and are excited by the results.
Price said: “We designed this online facility to provide campers with an additional outlet to voice their opinions.
“Not only will it help the Club to further understand its members, it will also enable new campers to gain an insight into the type of holiday a campsite offers before they book a pitch.”
Knott added: “Adding a review is a simple process. All a user needs to do is select the site they would like to review via our SiteSeeker Search Directory and click on the link available.”
Matthew Eastlake, the Club’s Marketing & Communications Director said: “As a Club we are continuously looking at ways to develop and improve; to provide our members with the best customer care.
“This new service will allow us to collect valuable information from campers to ensure all their needs are catered for.”
Before using the review facility, users must ensure that they read the Club’s guidelines. This facility is moderated to ensure that all the written content is suitable for campers of all ages.
To write a review or for more information, visit the website: http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204 jon(dot)dale(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
Kim Blythe, 024 7647 5224 kim(dot)blythe(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 110 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, Forest Holidays now runs a further 20 Camping and Caravanning Touring Sites and six Cabin Sites.
2. http://www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
3. National awards include:
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)
- British Toilet Association’s Best Dressed Public Toilet 2009 – Hereford Club Site
- CCC Best Certificated Site 2009 – Hill Farm CS, Derbyshire
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Verwood Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Inverewe Gardens Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Horsley Club Site (Silver)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2009 – Delamont Country Park (Silver)
- Which Motorcaravan Site of the Year Runner-Up – Little Trethvas Farm CS
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (Scotland) – Lauder Club Site
- Practical Caravan 2009 Top 100 Parks Regional Winner (north-east) – Bellingham Club Site
- MMM 2009 Camping & Caravanning Site of the Year – Thetford Forest Club Site