Largo, FL (Vocus) November 19, 2010
The shopping season is here and that means many things to many people. For some, it’s a yearly struggle to find presents for family and friends. For others, it’s a dreaded activity they try to palm off on another family member. And for others, it’s just a license to shop! Savings giant Valpak shares these tips so to make it easier than ever to stretch your holiday budget.
Whatever the scenario this year, do it wisely. Shoppers should take advantage of as many coupon trends as possible to get the best deals. That means organize and use those special savings from the mail, e-mail and on that smart phone.
1. Find coupons for quick serve restaurants, casual dining, family and sit-down dining, pizza, sub shops, and upscale restaurants for a bite on the run. Check online or in the envelope.
2. Consumers take cell phones everywhere, and can download apps to help save money. Valpak has free apps for iPhone™, iPod touch®, Android™, Palm® Pre™ and Blackberry®, and Microsoft Windows® Phone 7.
3. Leave the cleaning to the professionals. Find great deals for maids with 20 percent off.
4. Save on holiday family photos with Valpak’s Picture Perfect Promotion featuring a coupon and a chance to win free portraits from Sears Portrait Studio, PictureMe Portrait Studios®, located in Walmart, or Kandid Kiddies Portrait Studio located in Babies "R" Us® and malls. Check the Blue Envelope in late November and December, or go online to http://www.valpak.com.
5. The family pet needs to be at his best too, so take Buddy and Scooter to the groomer.
6. Speaking of the family pet, don’t forget to schedule the carpet cleaning, so Junior can sit comfortably on the floor when opening presents.
7. Find great floral discounts for your table centerpiece.
8. Order a pizza for the family and lock yourself in your bedroom to wrap gifts!
9. Have the car serviced before taking that trip to the in-laws. Look for offers and savings at auto repair centers, oil and lube shops, tire dealers, muffler and brake shops.
10. Before the holiday party – get a mani- pedi! After the holidays – make sure to pamper with a relaxing massage.
Valpak has offered value to consumers via the Blue Envelope for 42 years. For information about how consumers plan on spending their money this holiday, please visit http://www.valpak.com.
Please note: Actual offers and discounts found in the Valpak envelope vary by market. Offers stated above may not be found in each envelope but are representative of the types of savings consumers can find in the envelope and at Valpak.com.
Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America, is owned and operated by Cox Target Media, a subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Media Group. With nearly 200 franchises throughout the United States and Canada, The Blue Envelope® delivers savings and value to nearly 40 million households each month. Annually, Valpak will distribute some 20 billion offers inserted in more than 500 million envelopes. Valpak also offers digital solutions with http://www.Valpak.com®, an online site for local savings, which has nearly 40 million offer views each month, as well as mobile phones, including apps for iPhone™, iPod touch®, Android™, Palm® Pre™ and Blackberry®, and Microsoft Windows® Phone 7 platforms. For more information, please contact 1-800-676-6878.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group, Inc., a subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, is an integrated broadcasting, publishing and digital media company that includes the national advertising rep firms of Cox Reps. With $1.8 billion in revenue, the company operations include 15 broadcast television stations and one local cable channel, 86 radio stations, four metro newspapers and more than a dozen non-daily publications, and more than 100 digital services. Additionally, CMG owns and operates Valpak, one of the leading direct marketing companies in North America. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at http://www.coxmediagroup.com.