Albuquerque, NM (PRWEB) November 22, 2010
CyberMondayCentral.com offers tips for safe online shopping on Cyber Monday, based on the Better Business Bureau’s recommendations.
The trend from recent years will continue this holiday season as millions of people will do most of their shopping online. In 2009, almost 100 million Americans shopped online during Cyber Monday, compared to the 79 million who shopped at brick-and-mortar retailers on Black Friday.
Cyber Monday is the first Monday after Thanksgiving, when retailers offer their best online holiday sales and deals of the year. The many benefits of shopping online on Cyber Monday are self-evident:
- Consumers save time, money, and gasoline, as well as avoid harsh winter weather and traffic, by shopping from the comfort of home.
- Many retailers offer their best deals of the year only on Cyber Monday, including major discounts and free and expedited shipping.
- Shoppers have a far broader range of choices—a world of retailers rather than just one mall full—and can easily comparison shop to get the very best prices.
Many shoppers, however, are concerned about privacy and the security of their financial information when shopping online. This is why CyberMondayCentral.com is committed to ensuring a safe online shopping experience.
These common-sense procedures will help protect consumers from online shopping problems:
1. The first defense is to make sure you use a computer that has the latest antivirus and spam software installed. Viruses remain one of the most common ways hackers can access personal information.
2. CyberMondayCentral.com only deals with trustworthy retailers. Nevertheless, shoppers should always read the privacy statement of the retailer's site carefully before making any online purchases. Knowledge of a retailer’s reputation can prevent problems before they occur.
3. One often overlooked security measure for online shopping is to check that the “https” code is present in the browser address box. This indicates that the payment page is locked and secure and a credit card number is not being sent out in the open over the Internet where it could be stolen.
4. Pay with a credit card. This is the safest way to shop online because shoppers can track purchases better and dispute fraud more easily. Credit card statements also offer a convenient way to keep purchase records in order.
Taking these common-sense approaches to online shopping safety will ensure that more people can enjoy the benefits of holiday shopping online, without worrying about their personal information being compromised. Having up-to-date virus protection, knowing the retailer, and protecting personal information can make a big difference.
CyberMondayCentral.com is a one-stop portal for online shoppers, offering links to hundreds of nationally known retailers and their best holiday deals. CyberMondayCentral.com is committed to bringing its visitors the best and most secure online shopping experience.