For 60 years, Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus, Lucy and all the gang have been celebrating the holiday season with humor, pint-sized wisdom, and more than a few Snoopy dances.
New York, NY (PRWEB) November 24, 2010
For 60 years, Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus, Lucy and all the gang have been celebrating the holiday season with humor, pint-sized wisdom, and more than a few Snoopy dances. Now PEANUTS aficionados can celebrate right along with them thanks to a variety of gifts that warm the heart and the home. (All prices are suggested retail price.)
Get in Tune with the Season
1. Nothing helps create a holiday mood quicker than music—especially a “Charlie Brown Christmas” by Mariah Carey. Featured on her new album of holiday music, Merry Christmas II You, Carey’s “Charlie Brown Christmas” is a unique medley of the instantly recognizable instrumental “Linus and Lucy” plus Carey’s tender rendition of “Christmas Time Is Here.” Merry Christmas II You is available wherever music is sold; $9.99 on iTunes.
2. Sing the praises of the humble Christmas tree with this musical version of Charlie Brown’s pathetic tree. Standing 24” tall, the tree plays the ever popular “Linus and Lucy” theme song. Available at Bon Ton, Meijer, HSN Improvements and FYE. $29.99.
3. Enjoy the classic “A Charlie Brown Christmas” with this interactive book with 8 sound buttons. Hard cover with 32 pages. Available at Hallmark Gold Crown, Kohl’s, Walmart and other major retailers for $9.95 with each purchase of three Hallmark cards. Also available separately for $19.95.
Cozy Up to Your Inner Child
1. Or your outer child! These adorable kids' holiday tees are perfect for even the youngest PEANUTS fan. Available at Old Navy and oldnavy.com; $12.50.
2. Fans can enjoy some of their favorite animated PEANUTS television specials with the Peanuts Holiday Collection Ultimate Collectors Edition from Warner Home Video. The set includes "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "It’s the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" in a Blu-ray + DVD pack. DVD extras include three bonus episodes: "It’s Magic, Charlie Brown," "The Mayflower Voyagers" and "It’s Christmas Time Again, Charlie Brown." The collection also features a Lenticular PEANUTS snowglobe that depicts the classic ice skating scene from "A Charlie Brown Christmas." Available wherever Blu-rays and DVDs are sold. $69.97.
3. This 30” x 30” Linus Blanket offers priceless security at a price worth celebrating! Available in three different packaged versions at Walgreens for $5.99; Borders for $29.99; and Urban Outfitters for $36.00.
Book a Date with PEANUTS
1. Bringing together rare materials from the Charles M. Schulz Museum and family archives, THE PEANUTS COLLECTION (Little, Brown and Company) is the perfect gift to commemorate the strip’s 60th anniversary. This unique collection features sketches, comics, photographs, film cells, stickers, and PEANUTS artwork. Available wherever books are sold. $35.
2. The legendary Moleskine notebooks used by Hemingway and Picasso are now available in a 2010 limited edition featuring the PEANUTS characters. Available ruled or unruled, the pocket-sized or large notebooks feature the beloved characters with a black-and-white color scheme on the cover, embossed with “PEANUTS 60th Anniversary,” and a set of PEANUTS stickers. Available at Amazon. $13.57 for diary; $10.17 for pocket-size.
3. Relive the classic moments from the PEANUTS holiday TV specials anytime with this special mini-edition box set from Running Press containing four 128-page paperback editions of "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown," "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and "Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown." Available wherever books are sold. $8.95.
Give Your Home a PEANUTS Holiday Makeover
1. Tinsel? Check. Star on top? Check. Beethoven? Sure, when you decorate your tree with this Hallmark PEANUTS ornament featuring Snoopy, Lucy and Schroeder at the toy piano! Exclusively at Hallmark. $18.95.
2. Get artsy-craftsy with 10 clever PEANUTS Craft Kits by Colorbok. Available at Michaels. Prices range from $1.99 to $9.99. Snoopy Foam Dog House (pictured) retails for $2.99.
3. Christmas is so close you can taste it—literally!—with these PEANUTS Baking Kits from Brand Castle. Choose from Snoopy’s Holiday House Cookie (pictured) or Brownie Baking Kit. Available at DECA, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn’s, Kroger, Michaels, Wakefern and Wegmans. $4.99.
4. Warm up to this Snoopy Sparkling Ice Sculpture from Gemmy, which mimics the appearance of carved ice. Available exclusively at Lowe’s. $59.99.
Alison Hill, CurrentPR
714.444.9731, ext. 201