I've had this dream, for 12+ years, to start a company to let sports fan women like me support our teams, and literally show our colors, in fun, fashionable ways
Austin, TX (PRWEB) November 26, 2010
On Black Friday, the biggest shopping day of the year, stripedshirt officially opens for business. The retail brand launches first with an ecommerce website – http://www.stripedshirt.com - selling fun, fashionable fan-wear built just for women, kids and babies. Two color combination horizontal striped Tshirts will let wearers show their colors and support their favorite teams, whether college, professional sports, organizations, high school or little league.
Over time, the signature stripedshirt, a stylish, fitted crew neck short sleeve, will be available in over 30 different color combinations. At launch, the signature stripedshirt is available in:
- Dark orange and white, for University of Texas
- Red and gray, for the Buckeyes of Ohio State
- Red and white for schools like Wisconsin, Alabama, Arkansas, Nebraska, Boston University, Cornell, Miami University, MLB teams like the Cincinnati Reds or St. Louis Cardinals, and our favorite East Dillon High of Friday Night Lights or McKinley High of Glee; and
- Maroon and gray to cheer on Oklahoma, Texas A&M, and University of Massachusetts
Next up will be:
- Maroon and gold for Boston College, USC, Florida State, Arizona State, Minnesota, Iowa State and even the Washington Redskins
- Green and white for the Boston Celtics, Michigan State, Ohio University, Baylor, and to be a little Irish on St. Patrick’s Day.
Additional color combinations will be made based on user demand. The signature stripedshirt will be available in 13 sizes, from 3 month old babies to women’s XL. All shirts sell for $19.99, with flat shipping of $3 per Tshirt. Orders can be taken immediately at http://www.stripedshirt.com.
“I’ve had this dream, for 12+ years, to start a company to let sports fan women like me support our teams, and literally show our colors, in fun, fashionable ways,” said stripedshirt Founder, Laura Beck. “Until now, the team and school Tshirt options for me, and then for my children, were oversized men’s Tshirts with huge logos or names on the back. It’s time for fan-wear to be built for the rest of us! I’m so excited to have stripedshirt go live today and can’t wait to see where it goes from here.”
stripedshirt was founded in May 2010, and launched in November 2010, with a focus on fun, fashionable fan-wear for women, kids and babies to let them show their colors. The first products of the online retailer are two color combination horizontal striped Tshirts in dark orange and white, red and white, red and gray and maroon and gray. Additional colors, and products, will be added over time. Consumers can shop at http://www.stripedshirt.com. For more, follow http://www.stripedshirtblog.com or @stripedshirtz.