“We are living in the era of cyber-warfare, where attacks can be made globally by any person in any location. comments Alex Shipp
(PRWEB) November 26, 2010
Leading pioneer of online security, Alex Shipp will be a keynote speaker at the 2010 e-Crime conference in the Middle East presenting on the advances of cyber criminals. TrustDefender, the leader in online transactional security solutions will also be one of e-Crime’s strategic sponsors - where online security and defense against emerging threats will be a key focus.
Alex Shipp will demonstrate to delegates the recent advances in cyber warfare using examples such as Carberp, Zeus, Stuxnet and Gozi. Based on leading analysis from TrustDefender Labs, he will explain how the bad guys disable not only anti-malware products but also competing malware. Using advanced targeted approaches, malware can now steal from different banks and attempt to evade detection. Alex will discuss how cyber terrorists and malware authors are continually evolving in sophistication to beat the system, protect their income and cause global destruction.
Alex Shipp comments, “We are living in the era of cyber-warfare, where attacks can be made globally by any person in any location. This is a major issue for not just financial institutions or enterprises but is finally being addressed at a government level. Just yesterday, General David Richards announced that Britain is devoting more energy to understanding and developing weaponry (to the cost of £650 million) for cyber warfare, then any other military area.1 Online security can no longer be just be a consideration, rather it needs to be evaluated from a number of different perspectives such as information security, fraud control, forensic investigation and auditing. Education on these issues is essential to tackling the problems at hand and protecting against future attacks.”
TrustDefender will demonstrate their revolutionary online transaction security solution to a community of senior professionals, strategic decision makers and technical specialists from global businesses and government departments across the United Arab Emirates. TrustDefender’s presence in the Middle East, expert international team and recent partnership with Gulf Business Machines proves they are not only proficient in providing IT security expertise but are also conversant in Islamic business practices and are responding to the demand for effective online security in the region.
TrustDefender wraps around an enterprise’s current security solutions; not only enhancing the enterprise risk capability but also securing their customers computing device before they begin their authentication process, protecting customer’s confidential identity and personal information throughout the period of their online transaction.
- TrustDefender solves the issues facing financial institutions where an increasing percentage of their customer base connects to online banking services with malware infected computers.
- Furthermore financial institutions have no visibility in real-time to see whether their customers have taken care of their computers and therefore the enterprise cannot distinguish between an infected or clean computer. This leaves the financial institution and the user at risk.
- TrustDefender’s unique technology, evaluates the security health risk of a computing device, allowing the business to detect the ever increasing sophistication of malware, immediately act and stop a potential threat through the application of business rules and policies in real-time before any authentication process begins;
- TrustDefender provides key information to online enterprises including financial institutions, while giving the enterprise risk manager a real-time risk profile of the endpoint computers access their website.
- TrustDefender can be easily integrated with existing and older risk management engines to enhance the capabilities of these technologies.
- TrustDefender provides the enterprise with the ability to not only protect the customer but also notify the customer of any security threats and advise them how to deal with any potential risk. The Safe&Secure Mode will make sure that a customer can always securely login and fix the problem at a later date.
For any further media information or an interview contact:
Sharon Ghatora/Monique Jones Taurus Marketing
Phone: +61 2 9415 4528 or +61 416 890 648/+61 413 689 343
TrustDefender is the worldwide leading provider of ‘real-time risk based online transaction security solutions’ to safeguard consumer, financial institution and business online transactions. TrustDefender’s revolutionary technologies enable users to verify its security health state, perform a memory forensics analysis and secure their mobile computing device in real-time - before and during any Internet transactions.
At the same time, TrustDefender provides real time feedback on the security health of their computer. Best yet, the user does not need to be a security expert to use this technology. Most importantly, for the first time, the financial institution has real-time information that they can use to better protect transactions from compromise and also allows the enterprise risk managers to finally get a real time risk profile of their customer base.
The Enterprise Server incorporates a real-time risk-scoring engine that together with the rules and policy engine is always in control and can give the financial institution a server-side tool to mitigate the risk on both ends and includes an extensive Auditing and Reporting module. TrustDefender is the world’s first security solution which enables online businesses to integrate the home user or end user’s PC into one overall security chain.
TrustDefender was founded in December 2005 after the founders discovered the traditional security model was broken – and decided to fix it.
About the 2010 e-Crime Middle East Conference
The 2010 e-Crime Middle East Conference brings together heads and directors of IT, information security, risk, audit, fraud and related functions twice a year. This year’s agenda will focus on practical advice, proven methodologies, and examples of best practice which can be applied to optimise security strategy, defend against emerging threats, and protect organisations, customers, and employees. The event offers in-depth analyses on how cyber criminal tactics are changing, demonstrate how bleeding edge attacks are targeting enterprise digital assets and e-commerce operations, and explain of how they can be stopped.
When: 29 November 2010
Where: The Armed Forces Officers Club & Hotel, Abu Dhabi
More Information: http://www.e-crimecongress.org/middleeast
# # #