The Club plays an important role within the outdoor industry in that it can help to shape consumer opinion, inform, provide trust and inspiration as well as help manufacturers, retailers and dealers to weather what are still testing times for many.
(PRWeb UK) November 26, 2010
(Vocus) November 26, 2010 -- The Camping and Caravanning Club’s Director General Robert Louden believes next year’s Royal Wedding is great news for the outdoor industry.
The double four-day weekends generated from Easter and the marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton on Friday, April 29 at Westminster Abbey has already triggered a surge in those looking for an extended domestic break during April. There is the potential for holiday-goers to have as many as 11 days off work.
Meanwhile, Jonathan Powell, a senior forecaster at Positive Weather Solutions, said he was pretty confident of warm weather across Britain and Europe towards the end of April 2011.
Louden said: “As a Club we are delighted for the happy couple and wish them well for the future.
“Their wedding is also terrific news for our industry as April typically acts as the catalyst for a great summer season
“The Club plays an important role within the outdoor industry in that it can help to shape consumer opinion, inform, provide trust and inspiration as well as help manufacturers, retailers and dealers to weather what are still testing times for many.”
The number of bookings on Club Sites during April has increased by 47 per cent since 2008.
“Members’ interest in Club Site stays during April next year has already risen since the announcement earlier this month especially as they realise that they only need to book three days leave for an 11-day break,” he added.
“This is also positive news for the local economies as our Club Sites continue to play a key role in helping to keep local communities buoyant.”
People are therefore being urged to book early for April 2011 so as to avoid disappointment. Club members can book now for holidays up to January 4, 2012 whilst non-members may book from January 4, 2011 (though they can always join online and book as a member before that date).
Book online at http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk or call the Contact Centre on 0845 130 7633 or 024 7647 5426.
More information on how individual Club Sites will be helping to celebrate the Royal Wedding will be announced in due course.
For further media information or images, please contact:
Jon Dale, 024 7647 5204, 07748 936464 jon(dot)dale(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
Kim Blythe, 024 7647 5224, 07951 153074, kim(dot)blythe(at)thefriendlyclub(dot)co(dot)uk
1. The Camping and Caravanning Club is 109-years-old and is the largest and oldest Club in the world for all forms of camping. It has 108 award-winning sites throughout the UK and, through a partnership with the Forestry Commission, now runs and manages a further 20 Forest Holidays Caravan & Camping Touring Sites.
2. http://www.newtocamping.co.uk was launched on Monday, May 18, 2009 and incorporates all forms of outdoor holidays.
3. National awards include:
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Delamere Forest Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Corfe Castle Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Oban Club Site (Gold)
- David Bellamy Conservation Award 2011 – Chipping Norton (Silver)
- Practical Motorhome 2010 Top 50 Sites Regional Winner – Hereford Club Site
- Caravan/Motor Caravan 2010 Top 101 Sites Winner – Sandringham Club Site
- AA Campsite of the Year Heart of England 2010 – Teversal Club Site
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly Facilities Overall Trophy Winner
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Category National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Family Friendly National Award Winner (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - Individual Attendant Team National Award Winner (Glencoe Club Site – Scotland)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - ‘Champions League’ – Standards of Excellence
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Teversal Club Site (England)
- Loo of the Year 2010 - National Category Award Winner (Holiday Parks) – Dunbar Club Site (Scotland)