(PRWEB) December 9, 2010
According to Dr. Olin Oedekoven, President and CEO of Peregrine Academic Services (http://www.PeregrineAcademics.com), many higher education business institutions are being asked by accreditors, financial aid officials, governmental agencies, parents, academic advisors, and students to see direct assessment results to measure how effective the educational process is for a particular business education program.
Peregrine Academic Services offers a specific solution for higher education business programs to measure inbound student business knowledge versus the abilities of outbound student business knowledge. Peregrine Academic Services offers third party direct assessment tools to compare the business abilities of incoming learners to graduating learners in a variety of programs at the associate, bachelor, master and doctoral degree level. Peregrine Academic Services examinations are easily used for internal and external benchmarking.
The exam services can be readily customized to match the specific curriculum of various business majors or concentrations by linking exam topics with the required courses within specific degree or major programs. Unlike many other testing instruments, the Peregrine Academic Services exam means that the exam results are specific, measurable, and applicable to school administrators because the test matches what is taught in the program.
Just a few of the numerous benefits, characteristics, and attributes of the Peregrine Academic Services Direct Assessment Examination includes:
- Students can take the Comprehensive Assessment Exam anywhere they have access to a computer thus eliminating the need for a proctor. No formal testing site is required and testing results are reported on a student-by-student basis in the critical areas of the business curriculum that you select or are part of a required set of courses by an accrediting body or regulatory agency.
- Individual student score reporting is instantaneous to the designated administrators at your school.
- The reporting of these scores helps with academic advisement because the names and scores of each student are not averaged into one score. You will receive all the specific results, not just highly averaged scores based on a group of students. The academic advisor can use this specific information to help improve student-learning outcomes. Early in a business program course of study the advisor can make informed business course recommendations.
- Peregrine Academic Services offers multiple combinations of associate degree track examinations based upon the specific curriculum of the business programs.
- You can also write new examination topics for specialized program areas that can be incorporated into the comprehensive exams.
- Comprehensive reports include a topic score along with a subject-by-subject analysis so that you have the detailed level of analysis needed for your continuous improvement efforts.
- In addition to the total analyses provided, composite reports can also be prepared by Peregrine Academic Services for specific cohorts of students so that you can compare groups of students based on location, degree program, or instructional modality.
- The assessment tests are economically priced and still provide highly individualized data for both internal and external and internal stakeholders.
- Peregrine Academic Services has a large database and can compare your institution with other demographically similar institutions based upon student population and course delivery.
- International examinations are available in Spanish, French, and German with the examination questions focused on international business questions.
For more details go to http://www.PeregrineAcademics.com/program or contact:
Michael Ewald, Ph.D.
Vice President of Academic Service
1-877-260-1555 Ext. 5 or
# # #