The executive team at Global BC quickly recognized the ability of Mobio's m-commerce platform to transform traditional broadcast media into a personalized marketing and sales experience
Vancouver, British Columbia (PRWEB) December 9, 2010
With the recent recession fresh in people’s minds and wallets, the current holiday shopping season has become a serious competition to grab consumer attention. Whether it’s an expensive advertisement in a magazine or a flashy promotion on TV, consumers are most often swayed by an engaging customer experience. And these days, that means interaction via mobile phone.
Vancouver-based Mobio Identity Systems, is changing the face of m-commerce; by enabling TV broadcasters to interact directly with viewers via smartphones. Leveraging QR barcode technology, Mobio allows broadcasters, content producers and advertisers to reach viewing audiences and influence purchasing decisions in real-time. Viewers can now purchase products and services directly off the TV screen.
In a Global TV first, Mobio barcodes will be featured during the News Hour Final allowing viewers to enter a contest in real time using Mobio.
- For 2 weeks beginning Monday December 6, 2010, a Mobio barcode will appear onscreen during the Global BC News Hour Final at 11 p.m.
- Using the Mobio App on your iPhone or Android phone, scan the barcode when it appears on the TV screen for a chance to win a 50” TV, Home Theatre System from Future Shop and Shaw HD Package.
- If viewers are unable to watch the News Hour Final, they can visit the Global TV website to scan the contest barcode.
"The executive team at Global BC quickly recognized the ability of Mobio's m-commerce platform to transform traditional broadcast media into a personalized marketing and sales experience,” said Mark Binns, CMO Mobio Identity Systems. “With Mobio, Global BC can establish a true connection with viewers through personalized mobile marketing and payment offers.
Users can get Mobio through the App Store and Android Market, where it is available for free download. Users can create an account with or without a credit card. Secure registration of a credit card gives you the instant ability to scan any Mobio barcode to make a purchase or in this case, enter the Global TV contest. Mobio will be available on Blackberry in Q1 2011.
- For more information visit: http://www.mobioidentity.com.
- High-resolution photos, video, barcodes and interview opportunities available.
- Follow us on Twitter: @mobioID