New York, NY (PRWEB) December 14, 2010
Expansion Media, one of the leading public relations firms focusing exclusively on the cleantech world, has announced its acquisition of 17 new cleantech clients during the year of 2010. Expansion Media's clients represent a broad spectrum of the diverse sectors within the world of cleantech, including solar, wind, biogas, fuel cells, urban agriculture, energy efficiency, and wastewater treatment.
Using a multi-pronged approach of content creation, tailored pitches, education, and advanced SEO; Expansion Media offers its clients coverage in both cleantech niche publications and the mass media.
“Our decision to focus exclusively on our passion for renewable energy and the numerous other sectors of the cleantech space has allowed Expansion Media to develop deep relationships with leading journalists that cover cleantech companies before many of the larger agencies had the sector on their radar,” said David Andrew Goldman, Director of Global Communications at Expansion Media. “We bring the disciplines of cleantech PR and SEO together in the service of our clients, allowing our firm to consolidate our costs and resources. These savings are passed along to our clients, many of whom are startup companies with long runways before they become profitable, or, in many cases, before they have a product to sell.”
Expansion Media’s new clients for 2010 are:
The Quercus Trust – One of the most prolific cleantech funds in the world, The Quercus Trust is headed by venture philanthropist David Gelbaum, who also serves as CEO for Entech Solar.
- 21Ventures – With its headquarters in New York, 21Ventures invests primarily in cleantech companies, defining the term cleantech as the set of technologies that will support a growing population in the face of limited resources and global warming. The firm’s core strategy is to be the first investor in companies with proprietary, disruptive technologies, focusing on seed and early-stage venture investing, oftentimes at the university level.
- Terra Venture Partners – Israeli-based Terra Venture Partners is a venture capital fund focusing on Israel’s cleantech industry. The fund invests in promising seed and early-stage start-ups in several key environmental sectors, taking an active role in supporting the entrepreneurs through all the phases of the growth of the company.
- Exxen Ventures – Exxen Ventures is a private equity fund based in Israel that actively invests in renewable energy projects and their accompanying technologies in Europe and the Middle East.
- Bandgap Engineering – Bandgap, based in Woburn, Massachusetts, has pioneered the development of highly tunable nano-structuring silicon and is applying these technologies to high efficiency photovoltaic systems and high capacity Li-ion batteries.
- Entech Solar – With headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, Entech Solar designs concentrating solar modules that provide both electricity and thermal energy, and also is developing a state-of-the-art tubular skylight that provides superior light output and optical efficiency for the commercial and industrial green buildings initiatives.
- GreenRay, Inc. – GreenRay Inc., located in Westford, Massachusetts, is a developer of the Ultimate All-in-One Solar Solution, which is a fully integrated Plug and Play PV system incorporating the separate components of today’s systems (PV module, microinverter, mounting, monitoring) into a single package for a home solar energy system.
- Phoebus Energy – With headquarters in Bazra, Israel, Phoebus Energy is a leading innovator of hybrid water heating solutions based on intelligent algorithms that optimize energy efficiency and reduce pollution for commercial sites with medium to high demand for hot water.
- Solar Enertech Corp. – Founded in Silicon Valley and having headquarters and a R&D center in Shanghai, Solar Enertech Corp. specializes in the development and production of solar cells and modules for advanced PV systems.
- Solergy Inc. – Based in Rome, Italy, Solergy Inc. has designed and developed a unique High Concentrated Photovoltaic (HCPV) system and a patented cogeneration application, which together represent the next-generation of CPV technology.
- BioPetroClean – Based in Petakh Tikva, Israel, BioPetroClean has developed the Active Chemostat Treatment (ACT), an innovative biological wastewater treatment system that produces output pure enough to be directly returned to its original source.
- ThermoEnergy Water – With headquarters in Worcester, Massachusetts and locations across the U.S., ThermoEnergy Water specializes in ammonia removal and recovery through innovative wastewater treatment solutions based on flash vacuum distillation,
- AeroFarms – Located in Ithaca, New York, AeroFarms develops aeroponic growing solutions that transform food production into a more sustainable, efficient, and safe process by enabling profitable, commercial-scale vertical farming in urban centers.
- CellEra – CellEra, whose headquarters are in Caesaria, Israel, has developed a revolutionary, lower-cost Platinum-Free Membrane Fuel Cell (PFM-FC), which allows the displacement of platinum catalysts in the fuel cell’s electrodes with transition metal catalysts and the replacement of graphite or stainless steel with lightweight aluminum hardware.
- Clean Power Technologies – CPT is a specialist design engineering firm located in East Sussex, UK, that has developed a range of systems to capture waste heat and convert it to electricity, providing significant commercial benefits in the power generation and transportation sectors while simultaneously reducing green house gas emissions and heat pollution.
- FreeGreen –Boston-based FreeGreen is the world’s leading clean house plan provider, generating more than 36,000 house plans per year. The company develops residential green design and construction projects and provides both sponsored and non-sponsored clean house plans.
- Silentium – Located in Rehovot, Israel, Silentium Ltd. develops innovative products to reduce noise pollution. Silentium’s Active Noise Control applications include noise reduction for server/networking equipment, air treatment, air conditioning machinery for the residential and automotive market, and electrical appliances.
About Expansion Media
Expansion Media’s clear advantage over other PR firms is its knowledge and know-how of the various sectors of the cleantech market, from understanding the technologies being developed today to discerning the media outlets that would best present the messages. The company’s extensive and long relationships with leading cleantech VCs enable them to provide excellent advice to cleantech startups seeking to raise capital.
Expansion Media was founded in 2008 with the goal of providing outstanding specialized PR and SEO services for the emerging cleantech industry. The firm has since acquired a distinguished list of clientele and has established strong working relationships with the leading editors and writers of the cleantech media. Expansion Media has offices in New York and Jerusalem, Israel. To learn more about Expansion Media, visit http://www.expansionmedia.net