Richmond, VA (PRWEB) December 16, 2010
The Diesel eBook Store, the world’s largest independent eBook retailer, today announced the launch of its new eBook retail platform (http://www.diesel-ebooks.com). The new site now gives Diesel’s customers the ability to enjoy eBooks using a wide range of technologies. Central to the change is an entire new suite of capabilities designed to deliver a more satisfying purchasing experience.
- Expanded Inventory: Customers now have access to over 2.4 million eBook titles – making the Diesel eBook Store one of the largest selection of eBooks in the marketplace today.
- New and improved Search Engine: Using state-of-the-art Sphinx technology, Diesel offers more than fifteen different ways to filter search results from its “Advanced Search” page. One such feature is to filter book results by country, one of the most requested upgrades to Diesel.
- Customer Integration: User reviews and ratings along with a customer avatar upload feature and Social Networking Element like Facebook and Twitter connectivity.
- Video Integration: A simplified, automated process empowering publishers to easily upload their promotional videos. Plans are to increase the existing video collection into the 1000’s.
- Deal of the Day: Each day, a significantly reduced eBook prominently featured on Diesel’s homepage.
- Expanded Free eBook Section: In addition to over 2 million public domain Google books, Diesel now features over a thousand current free eBooks that will be expanded daily.
- Test Drives: First-time customers will have the opportunity to test drive free eBooks.
- Bundles: Customers can build their own eBook bundles based on specific themes they create. No other eBook site delivers this capability. Examples include the “Airport Security” and “Hairy Back” Romance eBook Bundles
“We have a lot of customers that are eReader agnostic. They all choose to read content differently. They’ve told us they don’t want to be shackled to any one specific reading device. This feedback has led to a robust, state of the art eBook website that will also serve as a flexible foundation upon which we'll be rolling out many new applications and services all designed to facilitate the downloading of digital content,” said L. Scott Redford, founder and president of Diesel.
About the Diesel eBook Store:
Initially launched in 2004, Diesel is the world’s largest independent eBook retailer. Its website provides access to over 2.4 million original eBook titles and features exclusive cyber bundles, 1000's of categories and a free ebooks download section. Based in Richmond, Virginia, Diesel sells titles from hundreds of top publishers including Harlequin, HarperCollins, Kensington, Macmillan, McGraw-Hill, Penguin and Random House. Available formats include ePub, Microsoft Reader, Mobipocket, Palm/eReader and PDF for all eBook devices and eReading hardware. Forty categories and 2,700 sub-categories mean customers find it faster at Diesel eBooks.
# # #