Chicago, IL (PRWEB) December 19, 2010
By official proclamation from Mayor Richard M. Daley, the City of Chicago will celebrate its first-ever “Concierge Day in Chicago” on January 27, 2011.
Concierge Preferred’s President & Publisher Tim O’Malley worked with the mayor’s office to create a day dedicated to all concierge – from residential and corporate to hotel and other types – as a way to formally pay tribute for all they do to make Chicago the world class destination it is.
“Chicagoland’s concierge are behind the scenes orchestrating a variety of activities and are true ambassadors for our city,” says O’Malley. “They are centerstage answering questions and coordinating important functions that enable tourism to thrive in Chicago and are constantly creating memorable experiences for their guests.”
The impact of concierge on Chicago’s visitor market is undeniable. Almost five million referrals are made by Chicago’s 750-plus city and suburban concierges with over 1.3 million dining recommendations; 1.1 shopping suggestions; advice on 658,000 nightspots; and almost 1.2 million referrals to the Chicago area’s various cultural attractions being made each year.
“We are happy that people are recognizing the various types of concierge and the things that we do in our wonderful city,” says Kathy McClanathan, President of the Chicago Hotel Concierge Association.
Sheryl Novak, President of the National Concierge Association’s Chicago Chapter and Concierge Event Services World Wide adds: “It is going to be a special day for Chicago’s concierge community.”
To help spread the word about “Concierge Day”, Concierge Preferred has created the official “Happy Concierge Day” logo and developed the following additional ways in which the city and visitors can show their support:
- Visit Concierge Preferred’s Facebook Page and use the official “Happy Concierge Day Chicago” logo as your Facebook profile picture leading up to January 27, 2011 or “Concierge Day in Chicago”
- Post a picture of yourself hugging, high-fiving, or just with a concierge and post it to Concierge Preferred’s wall
- Post your favorite concierge tip or give a shout out to a particular concierge on Concierge Preferred’s wall
- On January 27 write “Happy Concierge Day in Chicago” as your Facebook Status Update
- Follow @CP_Chicago and use the official “Happy Concierge Day in Chicago” logo which you can download from our TwitPic account (which CP_Chicago will be tweeting) and/or click on CP_Chicago’s logo, save as, and then upload to your personal Twitter profile
- Use the hashtag #conciergeday in all related tweets promoting “Concierge Day in Chicago” and make sure to @reply others who are using it as well to help spread the word and show the world that we support our city’s concierge.
Does Your Business Have a Concierge?
We encourage you to work with your marketing and PR teams to develop creative ways to show your support for all that your concierge do for your property. Whether it’s disseminating a press release about Concierge Day and highlighting your concierge team members and the services they provide, including information in your e-newsletter, or promoting via your social media channels – help spread the word and create awareness about all that Chicago’s concierge do to make our city – and businesses – great.
About Concierge Preferred
Concierge Preferred (http://www.conciergepreferred.com/) is a Chicago-based publishing and marketing company with strong roots in the hospitality industry. Their motto “Expert Insight. Better Travel.” permeates each publication they produce. From blogs, to newsletters, magazines and e-blasts, Concierge Preferred brings together travelers, the hospitality industry and concierge through publishing and marketing services in a manner unmatched by any other company in the industry.