Charleston, SC (PRWEB) May 31, 2010
VetFriends.com -- the largest Web site for reuniting and honoring U.S. military veterans -- has provided the below list of services, features and ways to show support on Memorial Day 2010, and all year long. Over 150,000 people per month visit VetFriends.com to utilize the following resources:
- Search for veterans, active military, family and friends through a database of over 1,057,000 members, with 10,000 to 15,000 new members per month joining.
- Memorial Day online forum at http://vetfriends.com/Memorial_Day_Forum/ in which users can read and submit personal stories, words of thanks and insights in regard to Memorial Day and our military personnel.
- The online Casualty Memorial allows visitors to pay their respects to our fallen soldiers who have sacrificed the ultimate. Families can submit photos and bio information of their loved ones as well.
- Thousands of authentic and historical Military Tribute Photos (past and present) at: http://www.vetfriends.com/MilitaryPics/ submitted by veterans, military, family and friends in honor of the many brave men and women who have served our nation.
- Veterans Business Directory of veteran owned or operated businesses across the U.S. allowing people to do business with veteran companies.
- Obtain one's own, or a family member's Military Records/Medals. Full information is provided on VetFriends.com to obtain these valuable items from the federal government.
- The Veteran and Military Job Network at http://jobs.vetfriends.com enables visitors to search for jobs by location, job keyword, specific company and more through 5 million job postings to find and apply to open positions.
Other Features: Read and submit military jokes, cadences & lingo; Receive e-mail updates, newsletters and product specials; Read and submit reunion stories, listings and parades; Browse military pay charts and structure charts; Military pride discount products and more.
On Memorial Day and all year long, join VetFriends.com in honoring, supporting and reuniting U.S. veterans, military personnel, family and friends nationwide.
VetFriends.com salutes, thanks and honors the many brave service men and women who have and are currently serving their country. Their service, sacrifice, honor and courage has protected the American people and has preserved our freedom.
Founded in 2000 by a U.S. veteran of Desert Storm, thousands of people have been reconnected through VetFriends.com, spanning from World War II through to Operation Desert Storm and the present. For further information and/or interview opportunities please contact Maynard Anderson at (843) 352-4926 or via e-mail.