I am incredibly proud to see how far our company has come since we started it with a few customers in 1999. The growth is a tribute to the tremendous Volusion team and their dedication to customer service
Austin, TX (PRWEB) June 15, 2010
Volusion, a leading ecommerce provider for entrepreneurs selling online, powered more than $2 billion in transactions in 2009, making it the second largest hosted ecommerce platform provider in the world and surpassing eBay’s hosted solution, ProStores. Volusion now powers more than 20,000 active ecommerce stores.
Continued Company Momentum
- Volusion has continued its dedication to delivering easy-to-use and affordable ecommerce solutions, while developing innovative new technologies that keep its online merchant customers competing on the forefront of the ecommerce economy.
- This focus on customer success has led to significant growth since the beginning of 2009, with more than 10,000 new clients from various industries, bringing the total to more than 20,000. Recent customer successes include GrillGrate, OfficeChairsOutlet.com, Panna Dolce, Organic Pet Boutique and LaPlates.
- Volusion’s customers processed more than $2 billion in online transactions in 2009, which accounted for 1% of all U.S. Internet transactions last year.
- In an effort to continue to offer its customers the latest ecommerce technologies, Volusion has added a number of key innovations over the last year, including a unique fraud detection service, a mobile commerce solution, an updated user interface and social network integration tools.
Key Success Indicators
- Company Growth: Along with the increase in its active customer base to more than 20,000, Volusion continues to grow as a company. Volusion ranked No. 16 in the Inc. 500 Software companies for 2009 and boasts a revenue growth of 884.5% since 2005. Currently, there are 160 Volusion team members split between its Simi Valley, California, and Austin, Texas, offices.
- Product Innovation: Within the last nine months, Volusion has announced several product innovations, including a new version of the software platform that offers the latest in merchandizing, social media, user interface, administrative and shopping cart features. The new Volusion mCommerce product allows Volusion customers to automatically mobile-optimize their sites, while the Fraud Score service helps merchants detect fraudulent orders before payments are processed.
- Industry Recognition: Volusion has received numerous accolades and awards in the last year. The company was named a finalist in the 2009 American Business Awards; the San Fernando Valley Business Journal ranked Volusion as the #1 Fastest Growing Company in the Valley area; and the Austin Business Journal recognized Volusion as the 7th Fastest Growing Private Company in Austin.
- “I am incredibly proud to see how far our company has come since we started it with a few customers in 1999. The growth is a tribute to the tremendous Volusion team and their dedication to customer service,” said Kevin Sproles, Volusion CEO. “Our feature-rich platform now scales to meet the needs of small businesses, mid-market retailers and enterprise clients alike, and we look forward to the continued success of our customer-centric business.”
- “Volusion has always operated on the simple premise that a constant focus on helping our customers succeed online will ultimately make our business thrive,” said Clay Olivier, Volusion COO and CMO. “We’re happy to say that this philosophy has helped Volusion grow to become one of the leaders in the industry. But just as importantly, we take special pride in knowing that our software has helped thousands of entrepreneurs fulfill their dreams.”
Volusion is the leader in ecommerce solutions for online businesses. Over the last ten years, thousands of companies have used Volusion to succeed online, including market leaders such as Disney, Motorola, Chicago Tribune, Michigan State University and Crutchfield. For more information about Volusion, please visit http://www.volusion.com.
# # #