“We have been really impressed with the winning images from the first cycle of our ‘True Vision HDR Photo Contest’, whether landscapes or architecture, each embodied our vision for true-to-life HDR,” said Alfred Zee, CEO, Unified Color Technologies.
South San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) May 20, 2010
Unified Color Technologies, the HDR Experts, today announced the cycle one winners of its Unified Color True Vision HDR Photo Contest. Winners will receive prizes including a Nikon D90 kit and products from, Gitzo, Lexar, Lowepro, X-Rite and Unified Color Technologies and are automatically entered to win a Grand Prize of a photo workshop through National Geographic Expeditions and a 15-inch MacBook Pro, to be determined by public vote later this year. Unified Color has also announced that cycle two is now open for submissions. Photographers of all skill levels are invited to submit their finest images created using Unified Color Technology’s HDR PhotoStudio software.
Unified Color sought out truly creative and technically beautiful HDR images to be judged by its panel of HDR experts and renowned photographers. The panel includes 20-year photo journalist and veteran outdoor photographer, Reed Hoffman; celebrated landscape and architecture photographer, David Palermo; and esteemed landscape photographer, Richard Sisk. First place winners in each category and each will receive a pro-level photography kit including Nikon D90 Kit with 18-105mm VR lens, a Lowepro Slingshot 202 AW case, a Gitzo carbon fiber tripod and a Lexar Professional Class 10 8GB memory card. First place winners are:
- Architecture: Jose Alvarez of North Charlestown, South Carolina
- Landscape / Nature: Dan Hartford of Palo Alto, California
- Freestyle: Josh Taylor of West Lawn, New Jersey
Photographers may submit up to five images per category for consideration. Unified Color has awarded the following additional honorable mention prizes:
- Josh Taylor of West Lawn, New Jersey has been awarded two honorable mention prizes and has won a $150 gift card to B&H Photo and a copy of Unified Color Technologies’ HDR PhotoStudio.
- Justin Farris of Mead, Washington has won an X-Rite Color Checker Passport.
Nature / Landscape:
- Ajit Gokhale of Sunnyvale, California has won a copy of Unified Color Technologies’ HDR PhotoStudio
- Mark Bristol of Morgan Hill, California takes home four honorable mention prizes including an X-Rite Color Munki Photo Spectrophotometer, X-Rite Color Checker Passport, $150 gift card to B&H Photo and a copy of Unified Color Technologies’ HDR PhotoStudio
- Dan Morris of Salt Lake City, Utah has won an X-Rite Color Munki Photo Spectrophotometer.
- David Hoelscher of Austin, Texas has also won an X-Rite Color Munki Photo Spectrophotometer.
- John Adams of Fernandina Beach, Florida has won a $150 gift card to B&H Photo
- Joseph Corrado of Closter, New Jersey has won an X-Rite Color Checker Passport.
“Thank you to everyone who participated in the first cycle of our ‘True Vision HDR Photo Contest.’ We are very pleased to have seen the compelling images submitted of breathtaking landscape and awesome architecture. We look forward to what’s to come from cycle two participants,” said Alfred Zee, CEO, Unified Color Technologies. “HDR PhotoStudio unlocks photography’s ultimate potential to produce images as natural as the images perceived by the human eye and our cycle one winning images are perfect examples.”
Unified Color’s True Vision HDR Photo Contest: How It Works
There is no fee or purchase required to participate. Unified Color’s True Vision HDR Photo Contest will be held in two more cycles throughout the remainder of the year for a total of three cycles. The next round of awards and prizes will be presented in early-August. All the winning images from the three cycles will be considered for a grand prize which will be decided by public vote and announced in December.
To enter, using HDR PhotoStudio (a free download available at http://www.unifiedcolor.com), photographers create their HDR images and submit the .BEF file (HDR PhotoStudio native format) for consideration to http://www.unifiedcolor.com/contest-submit-photo. Images can be submitted in one of three categories: nature, architecture or “freestyle,” an open category for any image that does not qualify for one of the other categories.
For complete details on Unified Color’s True Vision HDR Photo Contest, go to http://www.unifiedcolor.com/contest.
About Unified Color
Unified Color Technologies is redefining the capabilities of visual technology with a unique color system that powers the next-generation of high dynamic range (HDR) imaging devices and software. A significant improvement over current industry standards, Unified Color’s new Beyond RGBTM color model presents a versatile color platform which is able to map a much larger color space encompassing the full human visual spectrum including colors found in nature and man-made light sources. Beyond RGB is available for licensing to digital imaging companies looking for a competitive market advantage. Powered by the Beyond RGB color model, the company’s flagship HDR PhotoStudio has set a new industry standard for creating, depicting and editing the most realistic HDR images. More information about Unified Color can be found at http://www.unifiedcolor.com.
*All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners
# # #