Whether you’re a sophomore checking your class schedule, a prospective student trying to find the dorms or an alum watching streaming video of the college football game, you can do it all from the app.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) March 2, 2010
Just in time for spring college tours, MacroView Labs, Inc. (http://www.macroviewlabs.com) today released a development platform for colleges and universities to create their own interactive cell phone apps. The apps work on iPhone, Blackberry and Android phones.
“Whether you’re a sophomore checking your class schedule, a prospective student trying to find the dorms or an alum watching streaming video of the college football game, you can do it all from the app,” said MacroView Chief Technology Officer Keith Michel. “As you walk around campus, you have access to anything you want to know about the school and the surrounding area.”
The new app – available immediately to colleges and universities – will benefit the schools as well as app users. Schools can use it to learn from and better serve their constituents, while generating revenue though the sale of merchandise, textbooks, tickets or digital content. Schools can also reach out to alumni to supplement fundraising campaigns using the app, and can charge local businesses for sponsored content.
Colleges and universities that build an app using MacroView Labs’ platform can allow users to do the following – and more – from their phones:
- Use interactive, location-aware GPS tools to take audio/video walking tours of the school, instantly
locate everything on campus, or view recommendations of nearby places to eat, hang out and study.
- See up-to-the-minute schedules for classes, office hours, shows, or sporting and other events.
- Check the holdings of the university library and the course catalog.
- Rate classes, professors, hiking trails, dining halls or anything else.
- Receive campus safety alerts or call security if necessary.
- Buy anything the school sells.
- Watch videos of lectures, campus shows and big games, or read school news and check sports
- Report problems like graffiti or broken showers.
- Browse the campus directory to immediately call or e-mail anyone, or pose questions to
administrators and other app users.
- Join in on app-specific trivia games or scavenger hunts.
- Take notes for classes right in the app.
“We asked administrators, students and alumni around the world what they wanted in an app, and then we did our best to build it,” Michel said. “I believe we’ve created a mobile experience so valuable that people will wonder how they ever got by without it.”
MacroView Labs builds private-label apps for institutions and companies to brand and promote as their own. Organizations pay MacroView Labs a monthly service fee that covers development, design, hosting, licensing, technical support, analytics reporting, upgrades and account management activities. No up-front fees are required.
ABOUT MACROVIEW LABS
MacroView Labs is a mobile software company that helps its clients and their target audiences understand and interact with each other using mobile technologies. The company creates fun, easy-to-use apps for cell phones and other mobile devices that organizations can give to their guests and customers at no charge. The apps enhance the real-world experience of users at a property by providing them with schedules, GPS maps, games, activities and other interactive services. Clients are able to advise, entertain, sell to and learn from their key stakeholders. The San Francisco-based company is privately held. More information is available at http://www.macroviewlabs.com. To watch a short demo video of the platform, visit http://www.macroviewlabs.com/products/video.