Landlords now have the opportunity to use one company for all of their rental properties. We insure rental units in superior condition and also ones with some condition problems.
Grand Rapids, MI (Vocus) February 2, 2010
Foremost Insurance Group is expanding its Dwelling Fire program in Wisconsin effective February 1, 2010. Foremost® is targeting standard and preferred landlord and rental property customers with new, larger discounts and an overall rate decrease of 11.5% for landlord business.
“Landlords now have the opportunity to use one company for all of their rental properties,” says Karen Marszalec, Foremost zone executive director. “We insure rental units in superior condition and also ones with some condition problems. Additionally, the new program may provide some customers with significantly lower rates if they have no prior claims, belong to an association, screen tenants, use a property management company, or have multiple properties.”
Some of the changes to the Dwelling Fire program include:
- Credit is being used as a rating parameter for landlord business with a discount of up to 25% for Superior Financial Responsibility.
- Homes up to 15 years old may qualify for an Age-of-Home discount up to 25%.
- Owners with another Foremost or Bristol West® policy may qualify for a discount.
- Owners using a Property Management Company may receive a discount.
- Landlord Association members may receive a discount.
Foremost is also broadening its underwriting and now accepts:
- Vacation rental properties
- Homes with open foundations
Foremost-appointed agents can book expanded Dwelling Fire business on http://www.ForemostSTAR.com. To become appointed with Foremost, agents can call 1-800-237-6136 or visit http://www.ForemostIndependentAgent.com.
Foremost Insurance Group is a single source for personal property and casualty and commercial insurance. A member of the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies®, Foremost has been a leader in the insurance industry since 1952. Foremost is headquartered in Caledonia, Michigan.
# # #