"We are thrilled at the response to our crowd-sourcing initiative," says Julie Coons, ERA president and CEO. "The end result is a compelling, balanced and forward-looking slate of education sessions."
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) January 27, 2011
The Electronic Retailing Association (ERA) has announced the line-up for the education program to be presented at The Great Ideas Summit 2011—the premiere mid-winter event in the direct response (DR) space. The event will be held February 28-March 2, 2011 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside in New Orleans, La.
The program was developed via a new crowd-sourcing strategy. ERA received more than 80 submissions for session and speaker ideas. These proposed presentations, case studies and panel discussions were then submitted to two votes by the direct response community, the first to cull the list down to a top 20 and the second to select a top eight for presentation at The Great Ideas Summit 2011.
"We are thrilled at the response to our crowd-sourcing initiative," says Julie Coons, ERA president and CEO. "The end result is a compelling, balanced and forward-looking slate of education sessions. Most important, they have been hand-selected by the direct response marketing community for their importance and relevance."
The following sessions have been chosen for presentation:
1. Changemakers in the Media Realm – Learn how the people behind the scenes controlling media inventory and distribution ultimately impact marketers and brands. SPEAKERS: George Leon, Hawthorne Direct; Kendra Elliott, Guthy-Renker; TJ Connolly, ESPN; Rick Shiu, Beachbody; Deborah Felmey, ABC Family; Kevin Lyons, Lifetime; Dan Casey, World Link Media
2. Emerging Trends in Direct Social Marketing. SPEAKERS: Marty Gross, Direct Arrow Group; Chas. Salmore, Marketing Works, Inc.; Steve Sibulkin, Expert Planet; Jason Deitch, Fan Page Generator
3. How to Turn a Direct Miss Into a Direct Hit – Learn how to diagnose your campaigns’ weaknesses—and how to employ time-tested or cutting-edge strategies to turn an underperforming campaign into a home run. SPEAKERS: Scott Richards, Dial 800; Charles Benard, Impact TV/Selling Source, LLC; Jeff Campbell, Intelligent Beauty; David Choi, IBC-Hearthware; Maria Eden, Mercury Media
4. Online Video Marketing With YouTube (Plus, a Bonus Update on Emerging Online Video Advertising Opportunities). SPEAKERS: Timothy Seward, ROI Revolution; Caleb Hill, Unicast
5. Predicting the Impact of DRTV on Multichannel Sales: A Case Study. SPEAKERS: Tyson Roberts, Proceed Media Group; Tom Duncan, Positec USA, Inc.
6. The Wait is Over: National Interactive TV is Finally a Reality! SPEAKERS: Andrew Gordon, Direct Impact Group; David Verklin, Canoe Ventures; Sean Bunner, HSN; Jocelyn Egan, Discovery Solutions
7. What Would Don Draper Do? – Pushing the industry to push for more innovative, engaging and compelling advertising that creates measurable results. SPEAKERS: Brendan Condon, REVShare; Fern Lee, Thor Associates; Ava Seavey, Avalanche Creative; Mal Karlin, Karlin + Pimsler; Jon Katinsky, HotHouse
8. You Bet Your Profits! – A high-energy, interactive session with a game-show format to test your knowledge against that of industry experts. Questions and answers will be based on real-world examples. SPEAKERS: Mary-Ellen Himes, Venable LLP; Charlie Fusco, Synergixx; Kristofer Johnson, GSI Commerce; Elliott Segal, Guthy-Renker
About the Great Ideas Summit
The Great Ideas Summit 2011, Presented by ERA, is the premier mid-winter event for the direct response marketing community. This education-focused conference will center around the theme of "Great Ideas for Driving Profitability." More than 800 top-level professional attendees are expected to gather for the event, February 28-March 2, 2011 at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside. For more information about The Great Ideas Summit 2011, please visit http://www.ERAGreatIdeas.org.
About the Electronic Retailing Association
Representing a more than $300 billion market, the Electronic Retailing Association (ERA) is the only trade association in the U.S. and internationally that represents leaders of the direct-to-consumer marketplace, which includes members that maximize revenues through electronic retailing on television, online and on radio. ERA strives to protect the regulatory and legislative climate of direct response while ensuring a favorable landscape that enhances e-retailers' ability to bring quality products and services to the consumer. ERA members include some of the industry's most prominent retail merchants, including Allstar Products Group, eBay, Discovery Communications, Gaiam, Google, Guthy-Renker Corporation, HSN, Oak Lawn Marketing, QVC, Telebrands, ShopNBC and Thane. For more information about ERA, please visit http://www.retailing.org.